Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 11:57 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrumph33 View Post
I'm not that anal about everything, yea the hot water was down due to record low temps. (S*** happens), I spoke with the maintenance guy and he advised me if your heat isn't coming up, the unit just needs to be reset.
Elevators have been acting up lately but I'm sure that problem will be rectified soon. I do feel that they cut corners but GOD do I love my apt regardless!!
I hope so but at 2K a month for a studio, I kinda don't want to move in with issues that are not my own (rethinks 2 year lease )

Old 01-09-2018, 11:58 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,188 times
Quote:
I'm not that anal about everything, yea the hot water was down due to record low temps. (S*** happens), I spoke with the maintenance guy and he advised me if your heat isn't coming up, the unit just needs to be reset.
Elevators have been acting up lately but I'm sure that problem will be rectified soon. I do feel that they cut corners but GOD do I love my apt regardless!!
Even as Im standing there seeing my own breath, I look past my breath at the Empire State Building and think, Goddamn, I love this place!

Old 01-09-2018, 11:59 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I hope so but at 2K a month for a studio, I kinda don't want to move in with issues that are not my own (rethinks 2 year lease )
Ugh, I'll be there with you paying the same for a studio, but I don't mind it for an area that I love, and especially a nice brand new building and apartment - like the one that you have

Old 01-09-2018, 11:59 AM

147 posts, read 87,630 times
Quote:

Marsha I agree with Rrumph. Every building has issues and I have to say it’s been a great experience otherwise from the staff and I love our apt too. I have met some really great neighbors just chatting in the elevators. I feel like the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Even as Im standing there seeing my own breath, I look past my breath at the Empire State Building and think, Goddamn, I love this place!
looks past your breath because you are freezing you aze off

Old 01-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
looks past your breath because you are freezing you aze off
Like DM said, I know some of the staff by name, they know me and my apartment number, I am keeping record for the holidays.

The building issues, notwithstanding, what makes it bearable for me is the immediacy of the response and updates. fuhgeddaboudit with older, one super buildings

Old 01-09-2018, 12:08 PM

143 posts, read 126,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Like DM said, I know some of the staff by name, they know me and my apartment number, I am keeping record for the holidays.

The building issues, notwithstanding, what makes it bearable for me is the immediacy of the response and updates. fuhgeddaboudit with older, one super buildings
Manner I agree and they at least try and make every resident feel safe , and they communicate a great deal. Once the spring rolls around it's truly a place everyone wants to be

Old 01-09-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLCJ17 View Post
Marsha I agree with Rrumph. Every building has issues and I have to say it’s been a great experience otherwise from the staff and I love our apt too. I have met some really great neighbors just chatting in the elevators. I feel like the benefits outweigh the negatives.
I hear ya but island blood runs through my veins . anything cold makes me nervous but what choice do I have now? It is NO fun standing on the platform of Beach 67th Street and the ghetto as hell A train so I will be living in the Ashland because with all its issues - there is no comparison. The jury is out....

Old 01-09-2018, 12:17 PM

147 posts, read 87,630 times
Trust me Marsha I’ve got Island blood too. I’d be happy with it being 85 year round but Payless is down the block get yourself some fuzzy slippers(which is exactly what I did last night! Hello Target and Atlantic mall!) and cozy long sleeved pjs and you will be fine! Honestly i think it’s been a horrible two weeks of frozen weather which is abnormal for NYC winters. That played into it as well. Not saying they don’t have some stuff to figure out but still so many more pluses than minuses!

Old 01-09-2018, 12:43 PM

And the heat/hot water situation is ongoing right now. Man, If I get home to no heat and hot water, I might lose my mind a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery