Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 07:04 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,390,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
60,xxx here for this buildings lottery.. LMFAO. I've applied to four others I fit the criteria for.. can't wait to see those numbers when they pop up. What a joke. Honestly I blame a lot of the pro-gentrification breadknot blogs for promoting the hell out of all these lotteries. Yay, so all the precious little Rebecca and Josh's who now reside in the city from upper middle class families all over the country who make really low pay in their vanity careers (yet still receive handouts under the table from their parents through the transcontinental umbilical cord) have a shot at these subsidized apartments.

B
A
R
F

I know you are typically angry at transplants but I honestly do not know a single transplant who has applied for and was subsequently selected for any of these things. But I guess you can keep being angry if it makes you feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 09:59 AM

193 posts, read 283,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
I didn't notice a large Asian in Astoria population.

Me either, it's mostly Greek, Turkish, Middle Eastern, and to a lesser degree, Brazilian population

Old 06-30-2016, 11:24 PM

126 posts, read 214,812 times
Yeah Not a lot of asians in Astoria at all

Old 07-01-2016, 06:16 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,153,975 times
The area i was in seemed asian populated, talking about east indian (maybe i confused some middle eastern with east indian) as well in that asian population. Not anywhere near flushing but very family orientated area, lots of older folks.

just looked at the ethnicity make up, 42% white, 28% hispanic and 15% asian.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:14 AM

7,910 posts, read 7,959,709 times
there's not a LOT of asians in Astoria, but they're there. they own businesses there

Old 07-03-2016, 11:22 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,620,785 times
Quote:
60,xxx here for this buildings lottery.. LMFAO. I've applied to four others I fit the criteria for.. can't wait to see those numbers when they pop up. What a joke. Honestly I blame a lot of the pro-gentrification breadknot blogs for promoting the hell out of all these lotteries. Yay, so all the precious little Rebecca and Josh's who now reside in the city from upper middle class families all over the country who make really low pay in their vanity careers (yet still receive handouts under the table from their parents through the transcontinental umbilical cord) have a shot at these subsidized apartments.

B
A
R
F
Hmmm, why did you choose the names "Rebecca" and "Josh"?

Old 07-03-2016, 08:53 PM

6,702 posts, read 6,096,823 times
Quote:

B
A
R
F

Hahaha that's one hell of a rant 😂
But don't worry - I mean, real New Yorkers have a better chance at these lotteries as your work history is taken into consideration.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:34 PM

13 posts, read 27,194 times
I'm log # 38,XXX and live in Queens CB 14. I am also a part time (on call) city employee, but forgot to put that small detail in my application. Do I have a good chance & is there a way to get that in my application before any interviews (for that 5% preference)?

I wonder how strict they are for CB preference if you live in a different area of queens.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:22 PM

12 posts, read 39,112 times
lowest i've had! 3,xxx
not my first pick astoria wise, but i guess queens is calling me back to my childhood.
Wonder if ill get called.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:45 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,871,342 times
That is a good number for that site I think! Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery