Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 04:46 PM

114 posts, read 180,347 times

Advertisements

I've heard nothing from 535. It's funny: the 461 Dean thread is _heated_ as more and more people sign leases, but it's crickets over here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 05:08 PM

186 posts, read 264,459 times
The second interview email also comes from MHANY. I interviewed with both this one and 461 Dean. I didn't hear a word for four months between the first and second interviews (for Dean) so I assume this will be pretty similar. They do send out rejections (for whatever reason) a lot quicker which also gives you time to appeal.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:56 PM

20 posts, read 46,687 times
I check this thread RELIGIOUSLY ! .. Any news?! Anyone ?!

Happy New Year Everybody <3

Old 01-12-2017, 08:35 PM

44 posts, read 119,986 times
Elmo Loves me- Same!

I check it everyday but Nothing on my end. I check the mail everyday waiting for a rejection letter or ANY sort of news really and I haven't heard a peep. I am tempted to call but most people do not have much luck with that. I guess we just continue to wait. Its been 2 months since our intake interview, hopefully we will hear something soon.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle.T View Post
Elmo Loves me- Same!

I check it everyday but Nothing on my end. I check the mail everyday waiting for a rejection letter or ANY sort of news really and I haven't heard a peep. I am tempted to call but most people do not have much luck with that. I guess we just continue to wait. Its been 2 months since our intake interview, hopefully we will hear something soon.
I called this week and was told to remain patient. I mean after two months with no updates at all what else is there to do but wait

Hopefully in the next week or so we will hear some type of news.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:12 AM

16 posts, read 33,234 times
Well I have mail from them awaiting for me at home�� I get off work at 2:30 and live only 2 blocks away so keeping my �� I will post later what the letter said.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:11 PM

Bklyngryl- Any updates? Im curious as to what the letter said.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyngryl View Post
Well I have mail from them awaiting for me at home�� I get off work at 2:30 and live only 2 blocks away so keeping my �� I will post later what the letter said.
Hey Bklyngryl - what's the word ?! Lol ..

Old 01-14-2017, 06:55 PM

5 posts, read 10,312 times
I had my first interview first week of December and the guy said if I hear anything before four months it's most likely a rejection letter or more info is needed. He apologized too.

He was very vague about the selection process, but said I have a good log number and no preferences.

I'm a semi anxious person so the wait is killing me, but what I really want to know is do we get to visit the apartment and pick out the one we want, or at least see floor plans before having to make a decision to sign lease? Does anyone know where I could see floor plans or more interior pics than on website?

Old 01-14-2017, 07:29 PM

Yes I believe you were in the second or third round of interviews as they should be finished with the interview process. I was told when I went in (Early Nov) that I should hear something in about 2 months for second interview and it would take about another 2 months until approval than another month or so to move in but it is clear it is taking much longer than expected. After 120 days you would need to resubmit your paperwork.

If you are selected to move on to the next round you would actually be interviewed ( the first one is more like an intake interview) and more than likely shown the apartment that would be offered to you at that point you have the option to say whether or not you want the apartment as some people do decide to turn it down.

I am also a pretty anxious person and we are looking to move by May the latest so I REALLY REALLY hope that its into this building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry2013 View Post
I had my first interview first week of December and the guy said if I hear anything before four months it's most likely a rejection letter or more info is needed. He apologized too.

He was very vague about the selection process, but said I have a good log number and no preferences.

I'm a semi anxious person so the wait is killing me, but what I really want to know is do we get to visit the apartment and pick out the one we want, or at least see floor plans before having to make a decision to sign lease? Does anyone know where I could see floor plans or more interior pics than on website?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery