Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2016, 10:42 AM

44 posts, read 119,919 times

Advertisements

Yea we fit into the "middle" income bracket so maybe that is why they didn't have us sign it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
That's very unusual. Was it for a mid-income development, because those are less stringent. It would be incredibly easy to forge a tax return -- the blank forms are out there -- if you think about it. So I can see why they do this backup check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 10:45 AM

I asked about this specifically because we actually filed for Bankruptcy earlier this year and worried it would be a a factor. I was told there is so specific credit score requirement. they do check for housing court and payment history but she didn't mention how much they leverage this but that it has to be taken into account with the rest of your application as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyE View Post
I have an interview set up for next week. Did they do a credit check or mention one. I know the mayor adjusted the denial based solely on credit however they have other fine print like income to total debt ratio. I work for the city and have the municipal preference with a log number of 15xx, no bankruptcy or landlord issues just a low score due to late payments on a credit card and student loans which I am in defferal for due to income and family unit size. The credit really has me worried. I make over $45k a year and no other issues but this low score which I am working on.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:48 AM

Its more like a information request than anything else. nothing really interview like about it make sure you have everything they requested or they will make you come back, they will on accept a completed package. I asked more questions than they asked us. I believe if you are called for a second interview it will be more questioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyE View Post
Can you tell me more details of what they asked during the interview?

Old 12-09-2016, 12:55 PM

6 posts, read 14,473 times
Default Credit

Hi,thanks for the information.
I emailed hpd and asked them what the criteria is and they sent me a pdf handbook. No they don't deny soley on a score above 580 but if it is lower they can deny you for "other credit reasons " as well as any other reason in the book
I am unclear on exactly what they mean about total debt. Does this include student loans you are paying on or just the overall amount. If you can look at it and let me know what the fine print really means. Thanks
Http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...g-handbook.pdf

Pages 50-52 ( credit)

Last edited by SimplyE; 12-09-2016 at 01:04 PM..

Old 12-09-2016, 01:00 PM

@Elle T
Check out the marketing handbook emailed to me by hpd. Bankruptcy can be a reason for denial I belive if it is within the last 2 years.

Http://www.nyc1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/d...g-handbook.pdf

Old 12-09-2016, 01:02 PM

& thanks for the interview information. It is very stressful wanting something so bad and be so close to having it but on edge due to the criteria. I'll be sure to take everything. I hope we all get through.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Http://www.1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

If the link doesn't work Google HPD Marketing Handbook. (Credit is on pages 50-52)

This is the OVERALL HPD handbook for the developers.
It has all the denial reasons. However it also says each developer has their own criteria surrounding this blueprint.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:26 PM

186 posts, read 264,351 times
Hey all, there's a lot of information in the 461 Dean St Affordable Lottery forum. I've had the first interview for that one and Carlton. The same management company runs both so the process is identical. Some people are further along than others so you'll get a lot of info.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:48 PM

16 posts, read 33,209 times
SimpleE, they will have you sign a release to do a credit check on you as well as a release to verify your employment. At Moving415, it doesn't matter if your low-income, mid-income or, market rate the process of paper work is the same. If they had to ask you to sign a release for your IRS forms or bank statement you need to inquire about why that is.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:46 AM

Yea SimplyE were not to concerned our credit score is close to 700 range and the BK actually helped us lower our debt to income ratio but yes this is just a general guideline and it can vary by company. everything else in our packet is clean, good job history (Hubby has been with the same company for 8 years), solid rental history, all of our finances in order. If they denied solely for credit score I would be surprised. I know they mostly hold criminal history and landlord issues as more of a red flag. I guess this is all speculation at this point only time will tell.

Comaliving- Yes I have been stalking that forum as well to get a bunch of info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery