Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 07:07 PM

13 posts, read 30,312 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

I received an email on 11/11/16 to schedule an interview. We chose an interview date of 12/2/16. We had all our documents that day and were told it would take about 2 months to hear back. Should we be approved for the next step, we were told by the "interviewer" that it would take another 6-8 months to finally move in. I hope it's much shorter than that more importantly I hope we get accepted! This waiting game is unbearable

Good luck to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 03:09 PM

16 posts, read 33,197 times
I had my interview for Carlton on Nov 3rd. I called them on Dec 15th to see if I can get an update. The lady was pleasant even though she said they do not give updates. She ask what development and told me that they are still working on 461 and people for carlton should start receiving notices in Jan/Feb. she added if I haven't received a rejection letter yet that's a good sign.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:15 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,858,257 times
*sqeuals!*

Old 12-17-2016, 04:36 PM

44 posts, read 119,890 times
Bklyngrl we are in the same boat we interviewed the same day, still Nada. Hoping its a good sign. Our intake person told us we should hear something in about 2 months. So I am hoping by early/Mid Jan which feels like forever from now. and that move in should be estimated March/April.

Queensliving- I cant believe they told you 6-8 months. Its already been 5 months since we applied. and 3 months since the lotto closed. the whole process is supposed to be 2-10 months. I was also told they have been given some heat for how long the Dean street is taking so they have to be muchhhh quicker for this one . Seriously hoping that to be the case. Our current lease is up in May and we desperately need to move. We are moving regardless but was hoping the Carlton Ave would be our new home. Wishful thinking I am sure!

Old 12-17-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle.T View Post
Queensliving- I cant believe they told you 6-8 months. Its already been 5 months since we applied. and 3 months since the lotto closed. the whole process is supposed to be 2-10 months. I was also told they have been given some heat for how long the Dean street is taking so they have to be muchhhh quicker for this one . Seriously hoping that to be the case. Our current lease is up in May and we desperately need to move. We are moving regardless but was hoping the Carlton Ave would be our new home. Wishful thinking I am sure!
Hmm maybe he meant 6-8 months in total, not sure. To be honest I was nervous and I didn't think the interview was just to hand paperwork in (wish I found this forum sooner) we dressed up and everything! I applied back in August and didn't think I had a chance. The interview gave me some hope.

Log # is 19XX with no CB preference but I'm hoping I have a chance because I'm definitely moving out in 2017. Carlton Ave is dreamy!

Old 12-17-2016, 09:05 PM

That would make more sense, lets hope. We also dressed nice for the interview to make sure we look like nice responsible adults. LOL Our log number is 8## and we have CB preference so we are very hopeful our interviewer said our chances were pretty good. Only time will tell. The whole thing makes me so very anxious because this would totally be a dream come true. My only hope is they offer us a rent we can actually afford and that they offer us a 2 bedroom (we are a married couple expecting to expand our family pretty soon), although if they offer us a 1 bedroom we would not hesitate to except that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensLiving View Post
Hmm maybe he meant 6-8 months in total, not sure. To be honest I was nervous and I didn't think the interview was just to hand paperwork in (wish I found this forum sooner) we dressed up and everything! I applied back in August and didn't think I had a chance. The interview gave me some hope.

Log # is 19XX with no CB preference but I'm hoping I have a chance because I'm definitely moving out in 2017. Carlton Ave is dreamy!

Old 12-19-2016, 06:12 AM

If it helps any, in my email for the interview it listed the last interview date as 12/20/16 so hopefully we all hear something after tomorrow. Then again maybe mine was the second or third round of interviews because I see that some of you have interview dates as early as the first week of Novermber. In my email the earliest dates were the last week of November.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:51 AM

Queensliving this is actually the third (Forth?) round of interviews. We went in for the first round of interviews and actually accidentally got called in for the second because they forgot to mark us off as having come in already. We had to call to double check that they still had our paper work, which they did. That was about a month ago. so hopefully this is the last round of interviews!

Old 12-19-2016, 09:57 AM

Great so maybe we will all be hearing after tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Old 12-22-2016, 01:07 PM

21 posts, read 33,060 times
Are you guys at all concerned about the construction that's going to be happening on three sides of this building? I biked around the site a few weeks ago. They haven't even begun to cap the rail yards leading into Atlantic Terminal. Seems like a construction project that will take years and years, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery