Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 07:16 AM

27 posts, read 45,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeas0 View Post
Did anyone have to go through the interview process twice? I had my initial interview last summer and was later placed on the waitlist. Yesterday, I was asked to come in again.
Hey Whirldpeaa, I was wondering what happened to you. Same here, interviewed last summer and got an email about scheduling interview again to update docs. 😞😔.. im so confused about this whole process, Inmean I understand everything goes when it comes to this, but a second interview?
Are you waiting for a 2 bedroom? We were never notified about being put on a waitlist, our log # is super super low.. but I think the wait was because of availability of 2 bedrooms. Im not even sure anymore *sigh..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 08:03 AM

104 posts, read 116,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mica85 View Post
Hey Whirldpeaa, I was wondering what happened to you. Same here, interviewed last summer and got an email about scheduling interview again to update docs. 😞😔.. im so confused about this whole process, Inmean I understand everything goes when it comes to this, but a second interview?
Are you waiting for a 2 bedroom? We were never notified about being put on a waitlist, our log # is super super low.. but I think the wait was because of availability of 2 bedrooms. Im not even sure anymore *sigh..
I decided to stop tracking everything once I found out I was waitlisted. I found out I was on the waitlist by pestering my BG interviewer. I'm waiting on a 3 bedroom.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeas0 View Post
I decided to stop tracking everything once I found out I was waitlisted. I found out I was on the waitlist by pestering my BG interviewer. I'm waiting on a 3 bedroom.
But how did you find out about second interview? An email? Did you talk to your interviewer about it?

Old 06-12-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica85 View Post
But how did you find out about second interview? An email? Did you talk to your interviewer about it?
Email.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:09 AM

91 posts, read 102,095 times
its not really a second interview, it just means that your documents expired so its basically resubmitting every document you once submitted.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssha3 View Post
its not really a second interview, it just means that your documents expired so its basically resubmitting every document you once submitted.

Oh ok! Thanks, and congrats on your approval!

Old 06-13-2018, 12:33 PM

91 posts, read 102,095 times
Thank you, I sign my lease next week and move in first week of july.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssha3 View Post
Thanks! You were right. They just emailed me to basically say the same thing.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:04 AM

8 posts, read 9,983 times
Default Called HPD

Hi, This process has literally caused me chest pain. June 1 I got approved my BG and was told my unit number and came in sign documents to send to HPD. The following Friday I went to view my apartment. Today I called HPD and was told they received my documents two days ago and have not looked at it yet? Can anyone tell me how long the process may take to get to the lease signing? I was honestly expecting a July 1 move in but I saw a few people from getting approved by HPD to moving in seemed like a month. So am I talking more then a month?

Old 06-14-2018, 08:28 AM

Dont take it like that. The process is different for everyone when it comes to how long. Howevere its not impossible to be approved by HPD today, and sign lease on Monday, and move in July 1st. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery