Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2017, 03:48 PM

207 posts, read 355,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmom View Post
Any word yet, ladygaga1 and everyone else? My interview is Tuesday! Ladaygaga1, did they ask you to sign forms verifying calculating income and assets? And (just wishful thinking), did they say they go by the new guidelines even though they went to market before those were implemented? Did they say how much leeway there is regarding move in date? Keep us posted!
I have not heard anything back yet. Yes I went through some forms allowing them to verify all of the paperwork .

Good luck with the interview. I recommend going in with all of the requested paperwork and be very organized .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 07:19 PM

46 posts, read 63,916 times
Were you both called for the CB preference?

Old 02-25-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDreamer View Post
Were you both called for the CB preference?
Yes

Old 02-26-2017, 04:35 PM

965 posts, read 1,115,021 times
My log for this is #14xxx, which isn't that terrible considering that I got an invitation to 605 West 42nd Street with a log of #12xxx. I'm keeping hope for this. Reading through the thread, seeing how this is one of the more wealthier areas in the city, I'm sure Community Preference will go quickly.

66 (33) is a decent number of one-bedrooms.

Building amenities are great. In unit W/D?!?! No fee for gym and spa?! The apartments must be a good size, too. This building just shot up to my number one hope now.

ladygaga1, since you live in the area, how are other amenities such as markets, banks, bars, restaurants in the area. My fear of actually moving into one of these beautiful buildings is the affordability of the surrounding area. I might have to get someone to drive me to BJ's every month to shop. lol

Good luck to everyone who applied! I'd love to see more people actually move into these buildings.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:12 PM

The buildings are located on 36th & 1st which is a pretty quiet location with not much retail .. Most of the shopping , stores etc are going to be on 2nd Ave .. 5-10min walk away .

Not the best location for shopping etc .. But you're in Manhattan so getting an apartment here would be a total blessing .

Old 02-26-2017, 07:09 PM

46 posts, read 63,916 times
There's a Trader Joe's nearby which is great. I've read that they were including retail space in the buildings. Not sure how true that is. How do you know the gym and spa are free? That's great. I assumed there would be a separate fee.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:40 PM

965 posts, read 1,115,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga1 View Post
The buildings are located on 36th & 1st which is a pretty quiet location with not much retail .. Most of the shopping , stores etc are going to be on 2nd Ave .. 5-10min walk away .

Not the best location for shopping etc .. But you're in Manhattan so getting an apartment here would be a total blessing .
Thank you for that! I don't care much for shopping, shopping, just an area where I can get basic things like tissue, soap, etc for not too much money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDreamer View Post
There's a Trader Joe's nearby which is great. I've read that they were including retail space in the buildings. Not sure how true that is. How do you know the gym and spa are free? That's great. I assumed there would be a separate fee.
On the PDF on Housing Connect it didn't have an *Additional Fees Apply label.
The rooftop pool / lounge had the fee label.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:44 PM

Yes by shopping I meant the basics ... There are a few pharmacies on 34th & 2nd and 38 & 2nd .. There will be some retail on the ground floor of the buildings but not sure who it'll
Be occupied by ..

And yes it is interesting that there wasn't an additional fee sign by the gym/pool in the advertisement, hard to believe that there's no fee but that would be amazing for tenants !

Old 02-28-2017, 04:46 PM

104 posts, read 116,430 times
I'm glad to see that there is finally movement! My number is 4xx without a preference. Definitely not holding my breath but I remain hopeful.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:21 PM

4,778 posts, read 6,584,266 times
There's not a lot of retail, but the M15 bus is right there, and there is a ferry stop too. Nice for the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery