Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 10:48 PM

58 posts, read 86,939 times

Advertisements

So my appeal got accepted. As I thought, what was missing was the Asset Verification Form from my bank. My Bank of America branch said they didn't fill these out and Brianna told me that was no problem and that she would contact them directly. Well, that was clearly BS because I got that stupid rejection letter due to "failure to submit required paperwork". Luckily I won't have to deal with her anymore. I was contacted by a new person, Derek, regarding my missing paperwork, and he says if bank refuses to fill form they should be able to provide me with an account verification, which is already more helpful than Brianna ever was. I'm so upset with her. I know some of you have had a good experience with her but consider yourselves lucky!! If anyone has an account with bank of America and know which office in nyc fills forms out please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 09:52 AM

110 posts, read 176,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
So my appeal got accepted. As I thought, what was missing was the Asset Verification Form from my bank. My Bank of America branch said they didn't fill these out and Brianna told me that was no problem and that she would contact them directly. Well, that was clearly BS because I got that stupid rejection letter due to "failure to submit required paperwork". Luckily I won't have to deal with her anymore. I was contacted by a new person, Derek, regarding my missing paperwork, and he says if bank refuses to fill form they should be able to provide me with an account verification, which is already more helpful than Brianna ever was. I'm so upset with her. I know some of you have had a good experience with her but consider yourselves lucky!! If anyone has an account with bank of America and know which office in nyc fills forms out please let me know!
Finally you heard back! AMAZING! My guess is now they will be processing yours first because of CB preference, and then they'll move to us with no CB preference. They should act fast with you now I think. I followed up with Brianna last week about next steps and haven't heard back, but my credit was checked right after I submitted cash deposit info to her. So I am just waiting now.
Call Bank of America customer service number and ask about the office in NYC that fills forms, they should be able to give you info. Good luck, keep us posted!

Old 08-27-2017, 09:46 PM

64 posts, read 146,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlch View Post
Oh no, I hate them, I was in a process with another building with them, awful experience
You are so right they are the worst to deal with,and to show you how STUPID they are they contacted me about this building yet I got an apartment on 43rd street though them,I just moved in the 1st of August.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
Finally you heard back! AMAZING! My guess is now they will be processing yours first because of CB preference, and then they'll move to us with no CB preference. They should act fast with you now I think. I followed up with Brianna last week about next steps and haven't heard back, but my credit was checked right after I submitted cash deposit info to her. So I am just waiting now.
Call Bank of America customer service number and ask about the office in NYC that fills forms, they should be able to give you info. Good luck, keep us posted!
You should call corporate cause they are supposed to fill out govt forms, and being the form ,city,state and federal ,they can not refuse to fill out

Old 08-28-2017, 10:01 PM

39 posts, read 50,820 times
Did anyone have trouble getting Brianna to call them/email them back? I received an email about setting up an interview for 435 W 31 late Friday night and immediately emailed her back. I got no response so called today (Monday 8/28) and got her v/m. Still have not heard from her and don't want to be a pest but would like to schedule my interview. Have all my paperwork complete. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Old 08-29-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bey72 View Post
Did anyone have trouble getting Brianna to call them/email them back? I received an email about setting up an interview for 435 W 31 late Friday night and immediately emailed her back. I got no response so called today (Monday 8/28) and got her v/m. Still have not heard from her and don't want to be a pest but would like to schedule my interview. Have all my paperwork complete. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
She was pretty responsive to me, but my original interview was scheduled with someone else at BG. After the interview, Brianna took over. She is better with emails than phone calls. I'd say email her again on Wednesday if you don't hear back. Good luck!

Old 08-29-2017, 06:37 AM

39 posts, read 50,820 times
Jelly36 - Thank you for the advice! It's hard not to get antsy when you know there are so many people waiting for interviews and so few actual apartments up for grabs. Doing my best just to relax about the whole thing. I think your suggestion to wait a day and then email Brianna is a good one. Many thanks. Will keep you posted on my progress.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bey72 View Post
Jelly36 - Thank you for the advice! It's hard not to get antsy when you know there are so many people waiting for interviews and so few actual apartments up for grabs. Doing my best just to relax about the whole thing. I think your suggestion to wait a day and then email Brianna is a good one. Many thanks. Will keep you posted on my progress.
Of course! What is your log number? I am assuming you don't have CB preference?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:13 AM

All I can say is this being the rectum at BG like to screw folks around and lie like a politician,found in a bathroom stall on his knees.keep all info they send you be it email ,letter.and keep track of day and time and person name for EVERY person you speak with over the phone.also call 311 they can put you in touch with the folks at HPD/HDC,THE CITY HAS SOMEONE TO OVER SEE EACH BUILDING and management company they( the builder) hire to fill the affordable housing units,as well as the regular price unit.BE WARNED BREAKING GROUND LIKE TO LIE AND CHEAT FOLKS OUT OF APARTMENT,,

Old 08-29-2017, 08:24 AM

58 posts, read 86,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirkervin View Post
You should call corporate cause they are supposed to fill out govt forms, and being the form ,city,state and federal ,they can not refuse to fill out
Thank you for the advise! I went to a BOA branch personally, and they told me they could fax the form to corporate and have them fax to breaking ground directly, but that could take a few days. I asked if they could give me something more immediate and they said they can print an account verification reference letter that includes 6 month balance, so I took that. When I took it to breaking ground I handed it to the supervisor and explained everything and he accepted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery