Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2023, 01:05 PM

36 posts, read 17,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal98 View Post
Given your responses here, you must be part of the leasing and management company. Did you even look at the reviews in earnest?

"We had roaches coming from other apartment. Apartment managment didn’t do anything or help us and we had to hire a private inspector to kill them. As roaches are coming from outside of the apartment, we weren’t able to kill them all. We just paid our own money to break the lease and left early."

"Sorry to say it, but overall the Hub sucked. We lived there for 9 months and some of the people who worked there are great. But the building is poorly made. The walls are paper thin. The water pressure is ridic. The pool is fine but the gym is way too small for the building. Finally some of the residents in the building and many of the managers are the worst people you could ever meet. After being physically threatened and berated by one of the other residents, the management’s response was, “but how hard did he hit you?” So yeah, one star."

"Absolutely regret moving here. Feels like I live at an overpriced resort where everything closes at 10pm.

The gym costs $75 a month, which, whatever - reasonable. But unless you sign up for the gym, you can't even step foot on the outdoor space.

The gym and entire outdoor space shuts down at 10pm, which is ridiculous - and definitely not mentioned during the application process.

They also upcharge for everythingggg. It costs extra money if you want to use a grill. If you want to have more than 2 friends over and hang out outside - they charge you $15/person - just to sit outside with a few friends!

The pool was promised to be open in May, then June the latest....still not open.

Complaints to management or requests to discuss these policies go unanswered."

"Place is great and amenities are nice, but I constantly hear rodent sound from the wall. I keep waking up in the middle of the night because of the sound. I also recently found several cockroaches in my room, even after the exterminators have visited in the past. The hallway is nowhere near smoke-free as I constantly smell someone smoking. I had to constantly fight over this situation since I moved in and the maintenance team hasn’t done a thing. This apartment acts luxurious, but is actually very unsanitary and very careless with its maintenance."

"Application process is completely insane. Applied as they needed. Questioned me about my background for 2 weeks. Questioned a personal medical bill I've been fighting for over 2 years. Asked me to DISCLOSE the medical issue and circumstance which is against HIPPA law. Mind you I have a 750 credit score and make personally 80x rent aside from my girlfriend who was also applying with me for the unit. Was told I was not "secure" enough for rental. Most ludicrous process; I've never had someone make me feel like a second class citizen before when spending 3,900 a month for rent."

These are ALL from separate reviews and there are many more where this came from.

I was one of the first people to live at 333 and have since moved out. I'm sure with the amount of apartments filled these reviews are absolutely true. The front desk was lovely. It was built weird - I can't explain. The walls seemed solid but I lived with incessant dog barking when I was there. I do know elevators did take forever. But they have hands down the best amenities in Brooklyn. I moved out right before they opened the rooftop and the parking garage. I was fortunate to move to a bigger apartment in the same location for cheaper but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the amenities lol. I do believe if you win the lottery however you can make it work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2023, 10:37 PM

21 posts, read 12,982 times
i hope the call me!

Old 11-24-2023, 11:04 AM

172 posts, read 245,441 times
Next week will be a month since this lottery closed & still no log numbers. I guess they are in no rush since it is a waitlist.

Old 11-25-2023, 07:20 AM

21 posts, read 12,982 times
Default No log numbers yet

I was thinking the same thing. I check everyday lol. But I feel like the log numbers are coming out this week.

Old 11-28-2023, 04:13 PM

42 posts, read 31,906 times
sigh, log number 9871. anyone get a low one?

Old 11-28-2023, 04:58 PM

252 posts, read 223,400 times
Mine is 7xxx was hoping for a low log

Old 11-28-2023, 06:03 PM

95 posts, read 77,425 times
34x

Old 11-28-2023, 06:04 PM

10 posts, read 8,084 times
Log 4xxx there's not that many units, but who knows

Old 11-28-2023, 06:12 PM

42 posts, read 31,906 times
i'm secretly hoping that the amount of negative reviews deter people but I'm sure not 9k folks, ha - anyone apply for the tower 77? saw it was just taken down

Old 11-28-2023, 06:27 PM

172 posts, read 245,441 times
14xxx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery