Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 07:05 AM

59 posts, read 72,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newforkcity View Post
How in the hell are people in the 9000s getting interviews when my number was way lower? Or do you also have CB pref?
She said she had municipal preference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 11:21 AM

31 posts, read 52,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazydaisy1 View Post
I was thinking about emailing him for an update but I figured he probably would say he just deals with interviews. I interviews in June and have heard absolutely nothing.
I just received an interview "final notice" in the mail that has my interview rescheduled to next week. No response to my email, just another designated interview time. Fortunately this one I can actually make. We'll see what happens.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:14 AM

So for anyone going in to interview, I went in to the management company today for an interview. I'm not very optimistic. They asked me to bring along my entire life for verification, I signed a butt ton of papers and I have to get my income info notarized since my husband and I are self-employed. The first thing they looked at was our tax returns and the woman was worried because my husband projected a loss, even though my income more than made up for it.

Even though the sheet they sent requested a billion different things, she was only concerned about the tax returns. And the money order I was asked to bring they didn't even want. Not until the credit checks go through, if we even get that far. I still gave them all of my verification documents, just in case. Who knows if they will even look at them.

Just some things to note for anyone called in for an interview. And she confirmed we had been called in because they had gone through all municipal workers and disability applicants. However the process can be anywhere from two to three months.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly252 View Post
So for anyone going in to interview, I went in to the management company today for an interview. I'm not very optimistic. They asked me to bring along my entire life for verification, I signed a butt ton of papers and I have to get my income info notarized since my husband and I are self-employed. The first thing they looked at was our tax returns and the woman was worried because my husband projected a loss, even though my income more than made up for it.

Even though the sheet they sent requested a billion different things, she was only concerned about the tax returns. And the money order I was asked to bring they didn't even want. Not until the credit checks go through, if we even get that far. I still gave them all of my verification documents, just in case. Who knows if they will even look at them.

Just some things to note for anyone called in for an interview. And she confirmed we had been called in because they had gone through all municipal workers and disability applicants. However the process can be anywhere from two to three months.
They went through all municipal and disability but I'm a municipal and never got denied or any sort of response. I don't even know who to contact to check the status of my application.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:

Also thats strange they didnt want the money order. They took mine the day of my interview, i thought that money order was for them to do the credit check on us.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Also thats strange they didnt want the money order. They took mine the day of my interview, i thought that money order was for them to do the credit check on us.
It could mean that she was thinking our income was not going to qualify. But to me it's crazy that while my husband projected a loss, I am going to make enough to offset that and still qualify for a Band 2. It's so arbitrary. I'm not keeping hope. Just not very likely after that meeting. Or maybe they are only on waitlist people. My number was ridiculously high.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
It could mean that she was thinking our income was not going to qualify. But to me it's crazy that while my husband projected a loss, I am going to make enough to offset that and still qualify for a Band 2. It's so arbitrary. I'm not keeping hope. Just not very likely after that meeting. Or maybe they are only on waitlist people. My number was ridiculously high.
She didn't calculate your income right there? That's what they did with me and the man said if i didnt meet or exceed the salary requirements, they were gnna disqualify me right there. Luckily i just made it right under the max. She should've taken the money order anyway because now if you guys do qualify thats going to hold up the process

Old 09-18-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
She didn't calculate your income right there? That's what they did with me and the man said if i didnt meet or exceed the salary requirements, they were gnna disqualify me right there. Luckily i just made it right under the max. She should've taken the money order anyway because now if you guys do qualify thats going to hold up the process
Nope. She gave us a form to fill out for both my husband and I, told us to get it notarized and send it back to them. I have a feeling they don't want to take it because they think we prob won't qualify. She wasn't optimistic, just said she would show it to management and see what they said. Maybe because we're self-employed it's a different process? Guess we'll find out. She gave me her info and told us once we send out info we can check in. Hoping because it's not MHANY and direct through the management company that approval or denial will at least be quick.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:37 AM

11 posts, read 18,327 times
I just received an email today for an interview for my parents. They were in the low 1000's and no references.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandaman2000 View Post
I just received an email today for an interview for my parents. They were in the low 1000's and no references.
Congrats! Keep us posted on how it goes. I sent in my employment affidavits and was told they were sent to the management company, so we shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery