Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 02:11 PM

59 posts, read 72,652 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 02:12 PM

994 posts, read 1,066,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazydaisy1 View Post
I am waiting for phase 2 logs to come out

Old 10-21-2017, 11:19 PM

31 posts, read 53,238 times
Quote:
I got a letter in the mail last week informing me that we were disqualified because our income was too high. I immediately filed an appeal because they quoted us too high - it appears they just added up the pay stubs my husband and I provided and didn't bother checking in on the business losses portion of our application. So crossing my fingers like crazy that they reassess.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:46 AM

4 posts, read 3,835 times
Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and I have a couple of questions. I received an email to go to an interview for 33 bond in November I am a full time college student (will graduate in December) and have the rest of my paper work and my income is right in between, I have a log number in the 2,000s and I’m extremely nervous about this because I REALLY REALLY need this apartment! Will bring a full time student disquailife me? I been trying to look into this I got but can’t gind anything. Also what type of questions do they ask? Is there anything extra I should bring? I’m just nervous this is my first time getting an interview after applying to lotteries since 2014!

Old 10-26-2017, 10:14 AM

6,712 posts, read 6,128,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks411 View Post
Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and I have a couple of questions. I received an email to go to an interview for 33 bond in November I am a full time college student (will graduate in December) and have the rest of my paper work and my income is right in between, I have a log number in the 2,000s and I’m extremely nervous about this because I REALLY REALLY need this apartment! Will bring a full time student disquailife me? I been trying to look into this I got but can’t gind anything. Also what type of questions do they ask? Is there anything extra I should bring? I’m just nervous this is my first time getting an interview after applying to lotteries since 2014!
I am sorry to tell you, but being a full time student will disqualify you automatically.
If you can put down that you're a part time student and that you work full time (and prove it with paperwork, i.e. taxes, paystubs, etc), you may be able to convince them not to disqualify you.

Look at page 25:

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...g-handbook.pdf

Old 10-26-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I am sorry to tell you, but being a full time student will disqualify you automatically.
If you can put down that you're a part time student and that you work full time (and prove it with paperwork, i.e. taxes, paystubs, etc), you may be able to convince them not to disqualify you.

Look at page 25:

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...g-handbook.pdf

Thank you so much for that information. They really need to change those guidelines i go to school full time as well as work full time and if I meet the income requirements they shouldn’t care if I go to school or not when financial aid doesn’t even count as income, is so ridiculous that they have all of this guilines With no explinagion the only way to get a comfortable apartment in this city with this program is to be homeless with no interest in bettering your life and no intentions of getting a job! This is so much BS

Old 10-26-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks411 View Post
Thank you so much for that information. They really need to change those guidelines i go to school full time as well as work full time and if I meet the income requirements they shouldn’t care if I go to school or not when financial aid doesn’t even count as income, is so ridiculous that they have all of this guilines With no explinagion the only way to get a comfortable apartment in this city with this program is to be homeless with no interest in bettering your life and no intentions of getting a job! This is so much BS
Go on the interview anyway, but just don't get your hopes up high. Tell them that you work full time. See if that changes anything.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Go on the interview anyway, but just don't get your hopes up high. Tell them that you work full time. See if that changes anything.
Thank you! I will go and just cross my fingers lol

Old 10-26-2017, 12:29 PM

59 posts, read 72,652 times
You will be disqualified once they find out that you are a full time student. At the interview they asked me multiple times if I was a full time student because I wouldve been disqualified. They also said that once someone is selected for an apartment and moves in they still can not be a full time student. You will be forced to give up the apartment as it violates guidelines for the program.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
You will be disqualified once they find out that you are a full time student. At the interview they asked me multiple times if I was a full time student because I wouldve been disqualified. They also said that once someone is selected for an apartment and moves in they still can not be a full time student. You will be forced to give up the apartment as it violates guidelines for the program.
But what if he/she's working full time and going to school at night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery