Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 02:54 PM

6,719 posts, read 6,140,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscurly View Post
Log number is 9XX but still haven't heard anything. I guess since I have no preference I have no chance.

Off to the next lotto....... at least I tried and will keep trying.

In the next 6 months if nothing happens I'm leaving NYC cause I just can't afford it anymore.
That’s actually a great number. It’ll just take time for them to call you since you don’t have CB preference. It’ll take a while, but if you want this lottery don’t lose hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 04:22 PM

4 posts, read 3,584 times
How is your income calculated from your last 6 pay stubs ?

Old 11-20-2017, 08:48 AM

65 posts, read 83,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebeautiful22 View Post
How is your income calculated from your last 6 pay stubs ?
Great question... they calculate it by 4 quarters but do not know the exact formula ..would love to know how these uneducated temp agents come up with their numbers.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:59 AM

143 posts, read 122,443 times
Bwaahahhaha this made my day thank you for that

Old 11-20-2017, 02:36 PM

65 posts, read 83,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconyte View Post
Bwaahahhaha this made my day thank you for that
Seriously annoying! lets seee; I'll keep you all posted first or second week in December.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:26 AM

22 posts, read 27,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That’s actually a great number. It’ll just take time for them to call you since you don’t have CB preference. It’ll take a while, but if you want this lottery don’t lose hope.
thanks I need all the encouragement I can get at this point.

I wonder how long is a while...... weeks, months, years.....????

Now I see why they call it the lottery cause if you get called it's basically like you won the lotto for real.

Last edited by mscurly; 11-22-2017 at 10:46 AM..

Old 11-22-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscurly View Post
thanks I need all the encouragement I can get at this point.

I wonder how long is a while...... weeks, months, years.....????

Now I see why they call it the lottery cause if you get called it's basically like you won the lotto for real.

For another lottery that I was actually called for, my number was 2xx, and I was called a year later. Someone with a log number of 1,xxx for the same lottery was contacted about six months after me.

For another lottery that I was called for, my log number was 9,xxx - no preference. I was called about six month later.

So one never knows! Good luck!

Old 11-22-2017, 11:42 AM

22 posts, read 27,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
For another lottery that I was actually called for, my number was 2xx, and I was called a year later. Someone with a log number of 1,xxx for the same lottery was contacted about six months after me.

For another lottery that I was called for, my log number was 9,xxx - no preference. I was called about six month later.

So one never knows! Good luck!

wow thanks for the info.

It sounds like you've got the luck! How many times have you been called?

I've been applying off and on for a year and have never been called.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:49 AM

59 posts, read 72,728 times
Hey guys, I passed by the building yesterday and it seems like people are living on the highest floors. Maybe market rate tenants? The lower floors looked empty and all the lights were off.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazydaisy1 View Post
Hey guys, I passed by the building yesterday and it seems like people are living on the highest floors. Maybe market rate tenants? The lower floors looked empty and all the lights were off.
LOL, I also stalked the development I'm currently in the process with, and saw it was half full. So I'm still hoping, praying, doing whatever it takes to keep myself positive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery