Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 11:09 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazydaisy1 View Post
All the low floors looked empty. None of them had the lights on. The upper floors looked like maybe 30%. My log was in the 4000’s with municipal preference. I interviewed back in June and never heard anything back. Im thinking there were municpals with lower logs that were called so maybe ill be waitlisted. I gave up on this lottery already the waiting game is annoying
Do you know if they checked your credit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 11:47 AM

954 posts, read 939,748 times
I have a clear view of this building facing the Livingston side. It looks FULL at night.

It almost looks like that as the apartments are done, they get filled. I would post a pic but that would be creepy.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:51 AM

59 posts, read 72,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Do you know if they checked your credit?
I checked and it doesnt look like they did. I even track the money order and it says it wasn’t cashed.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:16 PM

14 posts, read 15,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
I have a clear view of this building facing the Livingston side. It looks FULL at night.

It almost looks like that as the apartments are done, they get filled. I would post a pic but that would be creepy.
Would you say all the apartments are complete, then? Or are there some left? Praying for some empty spaces...

Old 11-29-2017, 01:27 PM

4 posts, read 4,919 times
Flower, I don't think that the apartments will be completely filled because there is still a Phase 2. Also how long did it take for you to hear back that your documents got verified after your interview date. And lasydaisy, you should contact the management to see whats going on with your application since you had your interview back in June.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:13 PM

14 posts, read 15,079 times
That's true, I forgot about that! I hope theres a few spots left from Phase 1...

I had my interview Oct 11, I heard Nov 22 that documents were verified and the person was preparing my file for management review.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:17 PM

59 posts, read 72,289 times
I already gave up on this honestly. I started working overtime again at work which i had postponed when the process started. If they were to contact me now, i wouldnt qualify anymore because of the overtime. I barely made the bracket without working over.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:12 PM

4 posts, read 4,919 times
Flower, your almost there, I believe next step once you get called is to view the apartment and sign the lease. Are you applying for a one bedroom?

Old 11-30-2017, 07:45 AM

201 posts, read 291,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscurly View Post
Log number is 9XX but still haven't heard anything. I guess since I have no preference I have no chance.

Off to the next lotto....... at least I tried and will keep trying.

In the next 6 months if nothing happens I'm leaving NYC cause I just can't afford it anymore.
same!!!! i can't afford it and i live with parents.. meaning i haven't moved out because everything is so expensive. i'm not sure why they make these lotteries so difficult and lie about going in order of log number when in fact THEY DONT!

Old 11-30-2017, 10:28 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
same!!!! i can't afford it and i live with parents.. meaning i haven't moved out because everything is so expensive. i'm not sure why they make these lotteries so difficult and lie about going in order of log number when in fact THEY DONT!
People with CB preference go first. So someone with CB preference but with a log number of 45,000 will be contacted before someone with a non CB preference and log number of 10. Same goes for people with disabilities. A disbabled person with a log number of 60,000 will be contacted before someone without any type of preference but with log number 2.

After the developer finishes reviewing and calling all CB preferences and all disabled people, then they'll start contacting all NYC residents who had applied in order of log number. After all NYC residents have been processed, then they'll start contacting people within the US who had applied in order of log number. So someone who applied from California with a log number of 3 will not get called until the New Yorker without preference but with a log number of 315 does.

So this is how applications are reviewed:

1. CB preference and Disabled
2. Then, All New York City Residents without preference (in order of log number)
2. All US residents (in order of log number)

Now, if a CB preference person had been rejected, and they appealed, the NYC resident without preference will be put on a waitling list even though he or she had already gone through the process (and even got their credit checked).

Same goes for US resident, who will be bumped if a NYC resident gets back in the game, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery