Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 10:23 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,041,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1471 View Post
Aw I know how you feel trust me! But you must remind yourself if this doesn't work out theres something better out there waiting for you. 325 Kent was a disaster for me i wasted 6 months and they kept asking for more and more and moree.

what other stuff did they ask for now?

I visited 33 bond today and did a little tour on my own. place looks great and you can tell its still very empty plus they have alot of units set aside for phase 2 which they say is starting soon.
Hi Joejoe1471, If you don't mind my asking, what happened with you and 325 Kent? Did they ask you for a lot of information only to put you on the waitlist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 01:07 PM

14 posts, read 15,081 times
Quote:
Aw I know how you feel trust me! But you must remind yourself if this doesn't work out theres something better out there waiting for you. 325 Kent was a disaster for me i wasted 6 months and they kept asking for more and more and moree.

what other stuff did they ask for now?

I visited 33 bond today and did a little tour on my own. place looks great and you can tell its still very empty plus they have alot of units set aside for phase 2 which they say is starting soon.
Oh no! Are you on the waitlist there Joejoe? Or did they lead you on just to tell you no? When was the application deadline there, and is everyone moved in?

Other stuff they asked: First the affidavit, updated IRA doc, and an itemized description of every deposit, then a description of why I had gift income (non-recurring), and another verification from a previous employer. I have a feeling more is in store.

Oi is all I can say!

Old 12-08-2017, 10:59 AM

65 posts, read 82,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower93jfd View Post
Oh no! Are you on the waitlist there Joejoe? Or did they lead you on just to tell you no? When was the application deadline there, and is everyone moved in?

Other stuff they asked: First the affidavit, updated IRA doc, and an itemized description of every deposit, then a description of why I had gift income (non-recurring), and another verification from a previous employer. I have a feeling more is in store.

Oi is all I can say!
They kept asking for more and more till out of no where they told me I'm over income by 150$ so I appealed to HPD; After waiting so long for them to review my case (talking months!) they agreed that I was qualified but there was no more CB units left. That office was so unorganized and had no idea what they were doing.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
They kept asking for more and more till out of no where they told me I'm over income by 150$ so I appealed to HPD; After waiting so long for them to review my case (talking months!) they agreed that I was qualified but there was no more CB units left. That office was so unorganized and had no idea what they were doing.
OMG, that would devastate me.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
OMG, that would devastate me.
Tell me about it ! I was very upset especially since I live around the block. Hate to even walk in that directions now!...........on a good note lets see what 33 Bond has to offer!

Old 12-08-2017, 11:16 AM

59 posts, read 72,291 times
Quote:
I thought once you appeal, they’re suppose to hold the apartment until you are fully disqualified Its ashame all these developments do whatever they want to do.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazydaisy1 View Post
I thought once you appeal, they’re suppose to hold the apartment until you are fully disqualified Its ashame all these developments do whatever they want to do.
yeah I thought a unit would be held for me but its sad because HPD took 3 months to request my folder! by the time they got it and reviewed it the only thing they could offer me was a waitlist! it was BS

Old 12-08-2017, 11:33 AM

59 posts, read 72,291 times
These developments pick whoever they want. I had an issue similar with Ocean Hill. They claimed I went over by a little amount even though it wasnt my income. I appealed and nothing. I really think they disqualified me due to my age. The woman interviewing kept saying “ I have children older than you, I can’t believe you ready for this.” Mind you im a city employee -.-

Old 12-08-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
yeah I thought a unit would be held for me but its sad because HPD took 3 months to request my folder! by the time they got it and reviewed it the only thing they could offer me was a waitlist! it was BS
This is why I'm in favor of calling, although I'll admit, I'm too chicken to.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazydaisy1 View Post
These developments pick whoever they want. I had an issue similar with Ocean Hill. They claimed I went over by a little amount even though it wasnt my income. I appealed and nothing. I really think they disqualified me due to my age. The woman interviewing kept saying “ I have children older than you, I can’t believe you ready for this.” Mind you im a city employee -.-
Funny you mention that! That was my NUMBER 1 complaint on my HPD letter, I felt discriminated from my age. You can tell from the stupid questions they ask. Unfortunately not everyone still has their parents around. I been on my own since 16 luckily not ending up on the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery