Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:59 AM

243 posts, read 310,439 times

Advertisements

I heard RELATED is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 01:33 PM

33 posts, read 43,720 times
Anybody got an email requesting a copy of signed state and federal tax returns for this year?

Old 04-17-2018, 02:05 PM

19 posts, read 15,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycreddevils View Post
Anybody got an email requesting a copy of signed state and federal tax returns for this year?
i have, what band you going for?

Old 04-17-2018, 02:13 PM

33 posts, read 43,720 times
Ohh ok was pretty random, 120%. You?

Old 04-17-2018, 08:51 PM

494 posts, read 558,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcnyc07 View Post
@Satyrical

I haven't heard from Wavecrest as well, since last submitting verification of deposits and updated tax transcript request forms. It is not easy waiting on a reply from Wavecrest. I do have to agree with those who have mentioned this in previous posts... This process is overwhelming and painful. Ugghh! I am assuming that there is a lot more that happens behind the scenes, which possibly draws this process out so long. Fingers crossed!

I think you had it right when you said "Painful". I think it would be much more manageable if the process was more transparent. Personally I would just like basic information. Knowing if there are any apartments available or would help a little. Knowing if people are getting rejection emails or if their Money Orders are just randomly mailed back would be nice. And what is with the waitlist? Does that mean more apartments will be available at a later date? I actually have a ton of questions and i am trying my best to not email or call them but I feel like if i don't hear from them soon I might break. I'm sure that you are right about a lot going on behind the scenes but 6 + weeks, really ? Are they trying to complete 1 AMI at a time? Are they working their way down starting at 2 bedrooms? I'm driving myself crazy I wish they would throw a bone.

Anyway I'm going to try and jump off the crazy train, stay positive and pray for a studio!! Fingers Crossed and good luck to everyone!

Old 04-18-2018, 07:37 AM

49 posts, read 62,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yeah so tell us - doesn’t every apartment have washer and dryer? I’m thinking only market rates do?
Yep Every apartment has a washer and dryer here at Via. All the same appliances as the market rate units too. They are super nice. The maintenance folks even walk you through on how to use the appliances and take care of them.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:12 AM

243 posts, read 310,439 times
They just called and explained there were only 1 bedrooms remaining. The rest have been filled.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:45 AM

19 posts, read 15,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
They just called and explained there were only 1 bedrooms remaining. The rest have been filled.
What AMI band?

Old 04-18-2018, 12:14 PM

15 posts, read 44,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycreddevils View Post
I think this is an automatic email sent to everybody. I was rejected and I've written an appeal and have not received a response so I honestly don't know if I'm still in the running. But I did receive this email. I'll just send them what they asked for and see what happens.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:36 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
Sweet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery