Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 03:21 PM

144 posts, read 98,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful01 View Post
Updates !

The building will not be ready until the end of the month!
Where is everyone on the status of their approval?
I've been asked to gather more docs but it's doable. They've reached my log number and they want to make sure my file is complete and ready before they send it off to the city. It's just frustrating because I was really banking on a Feb 15 move in date. Oh well at least I've still got a chance I guess
Hello everyone, the last post I made was the day I threw the towel in. There was no way possible for me to get what they were asking for. Last night, I noticed I missed a call from them and had to wait until this morning to contact them. All I'm going to say at this point is "God is REAL!" So as of today, I have only two docs to send (I can get those) and was told, my file was done and would be submitted to the city, once they receive those.

Now, here's the stress over getting approved by the city. 😱😬😓
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 04:16 PM

111 posts, read 96,481 times
Hey everyone same thing here, I was call to send one last document to complete my field to be sent to the city. Will be calling them on Monday.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:19 PM

111 posts, read 96,481 times
We are going to be waiting on the city approval, does anyone knows what are the odds of being denied ?? Because form what I have read once you are send to the City is a donde deal because most likely they would approved. If you have any information on this please share, thank you

Old 02-02-2018, 04:37 PM

119 posts, read 101,516 times
Looks like next week is when we will get answers!! they are working on everyone’s files and the wait is getting more and more nerve wrecking. Anyone has info on size of the apartments or updated photos of the building? Hopefully only responsible people move in and not mess the building up which seems to happen a lot.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:32 AM

144 posts, read 98,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start1419 View Post
We are going to be waiting on the city approval, does anyone knows what are the odds of being denied ?? Because form what I have read once you are send to the City is a donde deal because most likely they would approved. If you have any information on this please share, thank you
I too am waiting on an answer to this question. It's been very tiring and stressful.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:20 AM

119 posts, read 101,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBlessed61 View Post
I too am waiting on an answer to this question. It's been very tiring and stressful.
We should all think positive and not worry about being denied, if you were going to be denied they would not send your file to the city.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:02 PM

252 posts, read 307,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxFinest View Post
We should all think positive and not worry about being denied, if you were going to be denied they would not send your file to the city.
Yeah I was in talks with them Thursday and basically was told that I have a unit assigned to me and on hold until my file is complete and sent to the city and approved. My thing is I'm tired of waiting. The building should've been done end of 2017 and now we're talking MAYBE a March completion and let's not even get into the certificate of occupancy. Sorry to say but I have recruited a broker and just looking to see who will deliver first tbh

Old 02-03-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxFinest View Post
Hello, told you so! Now the countdown begins, lets just make sure we have updated documents in case they ask for them, if you dont mind what is your log number range? Not exact lol
Log 17##. Can't believe they actually got to me number. A lot of ppl must have just dropped like flies when it comes to the documents being requested. I really am trying to hold out for the long run but it's getting tough at my current job and I want to look for work elsewhere but then that'll mean employment verification/pay stubs all over again smh I really don't know what to do

Old 02-03-2018, 06:07 PM

63 posts, read 94,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful01 View Post
Yeah I was in talks with them Thursday and basically was told that I have a unit assigned to me and on hold until my file is complete and sent to the city and approved. My thing is I'm tired of waiting. The building should've been done end of 2017 and now we're talking MAYBE a March completion and let's not even get into the certificate of occupancy. Sorry to say but I have recruited a broker and just looking to see who will deliver first tbh
You guys have to understand that we are in WINTER ! Construction workers are union workers and are not allowed to work in freezing weather conditions. Back in December when we had all of those 9 degrees and below days, construction workers were NOT working. Just relax. My mom works in a low income development who are adding another building which was supposed to be done in March but because of so many freezing days that construction was put off, the building is not expected to be complete until May now. You guys have to be understanding of how construction in the winter works and stop complaining

Old 02-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quayquay92 View Post
You guys have to understand that we are in WINTER ! Construction workers are union workers and are not allowed to work in freezing weather conditions. Back in December when we had all of those 9 degrees and below days, construction workers were NOT working. Just relax. My mom works in a low income development who are adding another building which was supposed to be done in March but because of so many freezing days that construction was put off, the building is not expected to be complete until May now. You guys have to be understanding of how construction in the winter works and stop complaining
I'm okay with waiting for a guaranteed low income apartment. What is making me second guess this is because of other factors going on in my life that is proving to have a time constraint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery