Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 07:12 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,682,286 times

Advertisements

Great!

This was my initial e-mail to both agencies:

Hello,

I hope you are having an excellent holiday season and are well!

I am writing to request an update re: the current waitlist at York Hill, a Mitchell Lama on the Upper East Side. I have called and written York Hill numerous times for an update on the status of the waitlist for a studio apartment. It is difficult to get a straight answer; I was told they are on the "new list" as of 2020 but no formal update is ever given with an actual log number. To date, Mitchell Lama Connect has not been updated since 2018 and still shows the "old list" number.

I am especially concerned given that York Hill was one of the three Mitchell Lamas found to have "troubling flaws" by the 2019 Oversight of Mitchell Lama Application Fees Report by the Office of the State Comptroller. It is difficult to contact Ms. Santana, the on-site manager from Metro Management, as she often does not answer phone calls or e-mails.

If you could contact York Hill and ask them to formally post an update on the Mitchell Lama Connect website, I would greatly appreciate it and many people who are waiting would surely breathe a sigh of relief!

Just in case you want more information about my specific application:
Name: [my name]
Log number: 7XX

Thank you kindly,
[my name]

I got a response from someone at HPD the next day asking for my phone number:

Good morning,

I have received your inquiry to the York Hill waiting list. Can you please provide your phone number to discuss your status further.

Thank you and Happy new year.

I haven't received a response from the Comptroller's office yet. I'm not going to post the e-mail of the person who responded at HPD because it's a personal e-mail but here is the general offices. I'm sure HPD will respond at least!

sgaaudits@osc.ny.gov (comptroller's audit office, the same office which did the Mitchell Lama report)
Mitchell-Lama@hpd.nyc.gov (HPD office)

Also, I gleaned a bit of interesting info from the offending audit here: https://www.osc.state.ny.us/files/st...-2020-18n4.pdf

According to the audit, for the 2017 studio lottery there were 750 people selected but only 309 submitted fees (less than half). For the 2016 one bedroom lottery there were 500 names drawn but only 151 submitted fees. As of May 2018, 3 people had moved into a studio, and 1 person moved into a 1 bedroom (that applicant transferred to the studio waiting list and moved into a studio apartment; but I am not sure what that means as it was just a footnote). Three on the studio list requested a refund, and four on the one bed list requested a refund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 07:41 AM

27 posts, read 114,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Great!

This was my initial e-mail to both agencies:

Hello,

I hope you are having an excellent holiday season and are well!

I am writing to request an update re: the current waitlist at York Hill, a Mitchell Lama on the Upper East Side. I have called and written York Hill numerous times for an update on the status of the waitlist for a studio apartment. It is difficult to get a straight answer; I was told they are on the "new list" as of 2020 but no formal update is ever given with an actual log number. To date, Mitchell Lama Connect has not been updated since 2018 and still shows the "old list" number.

I am especially concerned given that York Hill was one of the three Mitchell Lamas found to have "troubling flaws" by the 2019 Oversight of Mitchell Lama Application Fees Report by the Office of the State Comptroller. It is difficult to contact Ms. Santana, the on-site manager from Metro Management, as she often does not answer phone calls or e-mails.

If you could contact York Hill and ask them to formally post an update on the Mitchell Lama Connect website, I would greatly appreciate it and many people who are waiting would surely breathe a sigh of relief!

Just in case you want more information about my specific application:
Name: [my name]
Log number: 7XX

Thank you kindly,
[my name]

I got a response from someone at HPD the next day asking for my phone number:

Good morning,

I have received your inquiry to the York Hill waiting list. Can you please provide your phone number to discuss your status further.

Thank you and Happy new year.

I haven't received a response from the Comptroller's office yet. I'm not going to post the e-mail of the person who responded at HPD because it's a personal e-mail but here is the general offices. I'm sure HPD will respond at least!

sgaaudits@osc.ny.gov (comptroller's audit office, the same office which did the Mitchell Lama report)
Mitchell-Lama@hpd.nyc.gov (HPD office)

Also, I gleaned a bit of interesting info from the offending audit here: https://www.osc.state.ny.us/files/st...-2020-18n4.pdf

According to the audit, for the 2017 studio lottery there were 750 people selected but only 309 submitted fees (less than half). For the 2016 one bedroom lottery there were 500 names drawn but only 151 submitted fees. As of May 2018, 3 people had moved into a studio, and 1 person moved into a 1 bedroom (that applicant transferred to the studio waiting list and moved into a studio apartment; but I am not sure what that means as it was just a footnote). Three on the studio list requested a refund, and four on the one bed list requested a refund.
Thank you for sharing! ... will send out email and update you on response.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:51 AM

Please do!

In looking at the audit, it says that 3 people have been given apartments (studio) since 2017. That literally means one a year. If there are 300 people left on the list, then it would take 100 years (!) to get to the end of the list? Assuming everyone stays on the list. Am I reading this correctly? Why even hold a lottery?

Old 01-07-2021, 05:42 AM

49 posts, read 46,857 times
Hi everyone Kathy is no longer working there. New person

Old 01-07-2021, 08:12 AM

How did you find this out? Thanks for telling us!

Old 01-07-2021, 10:04 AM

I called Kathys number Richard Nardo he took over for her. Was very nice but could t tell me a lot just started

Old 01-07-2021, 12:37 PM

Do you have the direct number? I used to call Metro and they would transfer me, but Metro is not answering the phone.

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2021, 08:37 PM

Send me your email

Old 01-12-2021, 10:33 AM

33 posts, read 58,408 times
Hi Shadypinesma. Thanks for all that information. I too have been consistently checking online to see if there has been any updates. The information you have provided has been invaluable. My log number for the studio is 7X. Back on January 30, 2020, I was able to find out that they were up to # 19 on the Studio List and #31 on the One Bedroom List. I have no idea where the list stands now. I cannot even send a letter to anyone requesting information as I do not have a current mailing address for Metro Management. If I find anything out, I'll be sure to post it here.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:15 PM

8 posts, read 14,840 times
Hi guys, so I contacted HPD for updates of 2016 waiting list 1 Bedroom, so far they did not offer any apartment for (outsider waiting list) like us except Veterans. Last year 2020, there was only one apartment given to a Veteran, and that was it. The manager for York Hill Houses is Richard Nardo and he can be reached at rnardo@metromanagementdev.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery