Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 06:28 AM

46 posts, read 46,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxMom0108 View Post
i just had my first interview today. I was asked to bring w2, taxes, paystubs,id and proof of address and sscards i received my letter by email. i cant wait until i get the call to sign my lease. they do run credit and they said it has to be above 580. i have cb preference so i am hoping that will help me. my interviewer was very nice and told me to stick to this and they also may contact me for more copies of paystubs which according to him they most likely will do. the building is not completely done but almost. i hope my process goes by quickly and i can get this
I did my interview on the same day, and I was told the same thing. No CB prefrence though. Log # is in the 23k. I was also told that most people fail BG or Credit checks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 10:41 AM

8 posts, read 8,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeds03 View Post
I did my interview on the same day, and I was told the same thing. No CB prefrence though. Log # is in the 23k. I was also told that most people fail BG or Credit checks.

really? i didint know that my interviewer was very enthusiastic and super informative on the process he also gave me a paper which list the process and what will be the next step. the only thing he said changed for this building is that is not completed and it will probably take a bit more time.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:47 PM

74 posts, read 64,684 times
Do we know which credit bureau they use for your credit check?

Old 03-22-2018, 12:06 PM

147 posts, read 229,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaninbro28 View Post
Do we know which credit bureau they use for your credit check?
I think it depends on the company that's handling the building. Whenever my credit was checked most of the time it showed up on Experian and it was a soft check. A few times it was a hard credit check and that showed up on Transunion.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:06 PM

46 posts, read 46,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxMom0108 View Post
really? i didint know that my interviewer was very enthusiastic and super informative on the process he also gave me a paper which list the process and what will be the next step. the only thing he said changed for this building is that is not completed and it will probably take a bit more time.
I live very close to this building and I can see they are still working on it. The front is still covered up. I hope they finish soon.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeds03 View Post
I live very close to this building and I can see they are still working on it. The front is still covered up. I hope they finish soon.

yes i called a few days ago and asked for an update but i was told that they could not provide any updates still. ugh i wish they would speed up this process. i really want to plan what next steps i am going to take. has anyone gotten the same response when calling?

Old 03-31-2018, 02:56 PM

None of my fico scores are the same. I just ran my credit and equifax had me over 650, where as experian and transunion had me below 580. I also my fico score 8 is a different score than my fico score 2.

As you can probably tell I am nervous about this credit check... oh the anxiety of this process... Good luck, everyone!

Old 04-02-2018, 01:22 PM

Do you mind sharing that number? All I have is an email address for them

Old 05-28-2018, 03:53 PM

Any updates regarding this property?

Old 06-13-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaninbro28 View Post
Any updates regarding this property?
none at all. have not heard a word just yet but the interviewer did tell me it was going to be like this so im not surprised. the building is still being worked on i passed by the other day and work is still being done to the side of the building and front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: