Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 11:58 AM

142 posts, read 95,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraytouray View Post
Hi Edelcam
I dropped them off at 1605 University avenue. It is also ok to fax them, I live close to the office and that's why I decided to hand deliver them. Just make sure you send in the verification form as soon as possible because in my case, they gave me 5 business days to submit the documents
Yes, they also gave me 5 business days to submit everything, but the thing is that I faxed over the verification form to my HR, and they told me that the housing agency had to sign and put their remit address in order for HR to complete the form. I immediately e-mailed Bronx pro group and told them to sign the form so HR can complete their part, but I don't think Bronx pro group has signed the paper , maybe I should stop by their agency tomorrow and have them sign it so I can fax it over to my HR asap (but then I'm worried it might exceed the 5 days smh).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 06:43 AM

Any updates? Anyone?

Old 10-10-2018, 05:10 PM

5 posts, read 3,844 times
Nothing yet

Old 10-19-2018, 03:17 PM

Ok, Please let me know when they get back to you.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:13 PM

5 posts, read 3,783 times
Hello all! Im glad to know I'm not the only one who's anxious about hearing back from Bronx Corp! Its been a crazy 11 month waiting period. I went to my interview Jan 2018 and each time i follow up they don't ever give you a clear answer-but I'm sure its because the building is still under construction. I just wished they would be clear with us on whether we are pending 2nd interviews-i would hate to have waited all this time and to be told that i don't qualify for the apartment. My log # is in the 11xxx's just praying that things speed up, I think if you follow the construction workers on IG you get a more clear picture to the actual process verses wasting your time and calling the office-since they never pick up. They finally paved the side walks and also painted the security frames for the first floor studio apartments ... Just praying and asking God to make this happen. Also for those who are saying they don't feel safe living with people with Mental Illnesses- Im sure those individuals being screened for the apartments are stable enough to live on their own and make good decisions. Just because you have a mental illness doesn't mean you are a threat to other people, there are different stages of mental illness and every story is different. Please don't discriminate. You can have a mental illness, be stabled, and live a normal life with the proper care.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:15 PM

Hello, did you hear back yet?

Old 10-31-2018, 07:01 AM

Hi sunshine525!
Yes the wait game has been excruciating!! We are in the same boat, I also interviewed back in Jan 2018. I called Bronx pro yesterday just to confirm whether or not they received the last document they requested from my employer, but I was too embarrassed to ask her what's next in the process because I've called them like 3 times in the past month lol. I live very close to this lottery and I passed by this morning, the building pretty much looks habitable, but I imagine they need to start inspections and all that which will also take time ughh. I hope we get a response soon, did they requested documents from you??

Old 10-31-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelcarm View Post
Hi sunshine525!
Yes the wait game has been excruciating!! We are in the same boat, I also interviewed back in Jan 2018. I called Bronx pro yesterday just to confirm whether or not they received the last document they requested from my employer, but I was too embarrassed to ask her what's next in the process because I've called them like 3 times in the past month lol. I live very close to this lottery and I passed by this morning, the building pretty much looks habitable, but I imagine they need to start inspections and all that which will also take time ughh. I hope we get a response soon, did they requested documents from you??
I know I can’t believe they have to also inspeact : ( that will definitely take a while depending on how many inspectors they hire. I had previously submitted all the requested documents, so I haven’t been contacted for anything else! I’m trying to stay positive! : ) I also live nearby so I’m forced to see the progress hahaha!

Old 10-31-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine525 View Post
I know I can’t believe they have to also inspeact : ( that will definitely take a while depending on how many inspectors they hire. I had previously submitted all the requested documents, so I haven’t been contacted for anything else! I’m trying to stay positive! : ) I also live nearby so I’m forced to see the progress hahaha!
Lol, I've read on a few threads here, that what actually takes a long time with these buildings is the certification of occupancy, which I am regularly stalking the DOB page to see if any certificates has posted-but none so far. Also, I called HPD last Friday out of curiosity and the person told me that 2264 Morris has not sent any files to them thus far so I'm guessing Bronx Pro has our files sitting around maybe. At this point I wish Bronx pro were a little more informative as to what else to expect just to ease anxiety.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:51 PM

This is all new information to me, thanks! I will also be looking into this my self. What does DOH stand for? And what does CB mean? And when someone has a preference? LOL thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: