Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 12:03 PM

2,011 posts, read 1,628,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiously_waiting_ml View Post
Looks like a simplex apartment is available, layout looks interesting. Anyone know what floor they are on?
I believe these are in the “townhouses” on the ground of each building and not in the towers themselves. They are on either side of the outdoor walkway that bridges Clark St. These appear to be three stories. Perhaps, the 1 beds are top floor (3rd) or ground floor. Some have a small courtyard/garden at the entrance.

They face Cadman Plaza West, Monroe Place, or Clark St. I’d appreciate seeing pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2023, 02:16 PM

42 posts, read 64,902 times
Hmmm Taray said it is on the 3rd floor??

Old 01-20-2023, 02:19 PM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
Maybe it's on the roof! Lots of fresh air!

My daughter is not getting notification of these vacancies. I don't know why, but she's happy where she is and would not move anyway.

Best of luck!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 01-20-2023 at 02:42 PM..

Old 01-20-2023, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Hmmm Taray said it is on the 3rd floor??
Just ask, ‘what if I don’t like it after moving in, how soon until a person becomes eligible to wait for a tower unit?’ Otherwise, don’t think twice. Take it if it’s offered. Seems unusual and they are in short supply. The outdoor space is much large than a balcony.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:23 AM

After about 4 years of being on the list, I have been approved by HPD for a simplex at Cadman Towers. I'm excited and happy this program exists for the middle class as we are the group that gets squeezed the most in this city. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:05 AM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
Wow, congrats! Such great news! Is your unit in decent shape? Will you have to do any renovations?

Old 04-07-2023, 09:32 AM

It def needs renovation, new floors and kitchen/bathroom renovation needed. It is a simplex so its pretty big and thinking I may install a pressurized wall to convert it to 2 bedrooms or for an office.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:35 AM

Default Simplex

Quote:
After about 4 years of being on the list, I have been approved by HPD for a simplex at Cadman Towers. I'm excited and happy this program exists for the middle class as we are the group that gets squeezed the most in this city. Let me know if you have any questions.
Excellent. Best wishes on your new home.
In your own time please let us know about the Simplex. For those that don’t know, there are only a handful of these Simplex units they have a different floor plan. They are low rise at the bases of the towers in somewhat separate buildings. Some have little courtyards.

This is a one bed unit I assume. What was your aproxímate log#?

Old 04-07-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
It def needs renovation, new floors and kitchen/bathroom renovation needed. It is a simplex so it’s pretty big and thinking I may install a pressurized wall to convert it to 2 bedrooms or for an office.
From the outside, I have wondered if all the 3rd fl Simplex one-bedrooms have elevator access. If so, perhaps, a hardship transfer would be allowed if a tenant needed elevator access.

(Room divider products had a boom during COVID. Many more options available. Some look very flexible in the online pictures. Folding, on wheels, self-standing, roll up, curtain style, and so on. Home zoom studios blossomed.)

Old 04-07-2023, 12:02 PM

Hey, Yes, this is a 1 bedroom simplex. I was told they are hard to come by and coveted. Yet, I heard most of people on the internal waitlist passed on it because they would have to pay extra for it because of the tier of amortization they were in when they bought in. Downstairs from me is a duplex with their courtyard that looks beautiful. Log # mid 50's.

It has elevator access, when you get off the elevator, you kind of leave the main tower through a door to a corridor that leads to the simplex's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery