Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 12:15 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times

Advertisements

The power plant seems to be okay unless it explodes, which it did during Hurricane Sandy, causing Manhattan south of 34th Street to lose power for almost a week.

Once in a while the plant makes a loud noise and released some sort of vapor. I'm not sure what that is.

But honestly, I think it would be good to know if the plant is dangerous or not. I encourage you to do further research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 06:20 PM

110 posts, read 212,119 times
Hmm, I like that brochure, confirms balcony/terraces, large apartments, and indoor pool!! That's awesome. BUT the power plant...is not.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:22 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,396,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
The power plant seems to be okay unless it explodes, which it did during Hurricane Sandy, causing Manhattan south of 34th Street to lose power for almost a week.

Once in a while the plant makes a loud noise and released some sort of vapor. I'm not sure what that is.

But honestly, I think it would be good to know if the plant is dangerous or not. I encourage you to do further research.
The vapor does not sound good .

Old 06-05-2022, 05:57 PM

7 posts, read 5,964 times
Just got the application for the 1br, log # is 4xx

Old 06-05-2022, 06:24 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post

Indeed, inform thy self.

It can be noted, that majority of the residents have not left in large numbers and not frequently. Turnover is very slow. Certainly, the affordability keeps residents there for many years. However, other residents in the area pay very high prices to live in the same area, today.

The same power plant is across the street from Stuyvesant Town, nearer to it than Village East Towers. Stuyvesant Town for decades has been home to many lawyers (it’s huge) and elected members of government. We can hope that a lawyer or two has had safety concerns. Stuyvesant Town seems to be successful at renting many market rate 1 bedroom units at $4500 a month.

I conclude either place is desirable to live. I am not a safety and pollution expert.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:51 PM

110 posts, read 212,119 times
East Village Towers still seems to be on number 3295 or so on a previous list for one bedrooms. Has anyone called? What was the previous list out of? (4000, 5000)? It definitely seems like it will be a very lengthy wait (possibly over 5-10+ years).

Old 06-05-2022, 07:15 PM

828 posts, read 768,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readysteady View Post
East Village Towers still seems to be on number 3295 or so on a previous list for one bedrooms. Has anyone called? What was the previous list out of? (4000, 5000)? It definitely seems like it will be a very lengthy wait (possibly over 5-10+ years).
I saw that, too. I just joined the waitlist for a 3br. The last time a 3br was approved from the waitlist was December 2012 - almost TEN years ago. lol

Old 06-06-2022, 05:58 AM

828 posts, read 768,063 times
So here's a question for any Mitchell Lama waitlist experts...

I received an invitation to apply (with a Log #), filled it out, and submitted it along with a $75 money order.

Now what? Is there a portal where I can keep track of the waitlist and my progress? Is there a number to call to check progress? Do I just sit and wait? Curious how this works now that I am officially on a waitlist.

Thanks.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:23 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Assuming you mean Village East wait list, here't the link:

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ml#ml-waitlist

Old 06-06-2022, 07:27 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,396,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
I saw that, too. I just joined the waitlist for a 3br. The last time a 3br was approved from the waitlist was December 2012 - almost TEN years ago. lol
Wow this will be one of the things I apply to and just not think about after that lolll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery