Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2022, 03:50 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times

Advertisements

Did those recent changes go through? I know some good ones were proposed, but I don't know if they came up for a vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 04:00 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Did those recent changes go through? I know some good ones were proposed, but I don't know if they came up for a vote.
For whatever reason, it did not get much press. Nor does the Governor have it on her brag sheet. Anyhow, see second paragraph from story on Inwood Tower.

“ In keeping with that plan, Hochul recently signed a law that raises the bar for Mitchell-Lama co-ops to opt out of the affordable-housing program and convert their apartments to market rate. The new law requires that 80% of residents — up from 67% — must choose to opt out of the program. It also requires Mitchell-Lama co-op boards to hold six shareholder meetings a year, and if a vote to opt out fails, it places a five-year moratorium on a new vote. The governor’s move has sparked sharp divisions. Supporters of affordable housing are delighted; shareholders and sponsors in Mitchell-Lama co-ops who yearn to transform their apartments to market rate are equally dismayed”

Source:
https://www.habitatmag.com/Publicati...p-for-30-Years

Old 05-19-2022, 07:10 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Thank you for posting that! There is such a need for affordable housing, it’s great to see the state taking steps to preserve the little we have left.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:19 PM

51 posts, read 127,985 times
Are the approval numbers for the waitlist of buildings shown on the Mitchell-Lama website (https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ml#ml-waitlist) the same as the log numbers you get if selected?

If so, is it normal to get selected to be on a waitlist but be assigned a log number that is lower than the latest approval number of the building?

Last edited by acljump; 05-25-2022 at 09:15 PM..

Old 05-25-2022, 10:10 PM

59 posts, read 58,090 times
If anyone applied for Tivoli, just saw that I received Not Accepted for the studios and 1 beds

Old 05-25-2022, 10:21 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acljump View Post
Are the approval numbers for the waitlist of buildings shown on the Mitchell-Lama website (https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ml#ml-waitlist) the same as the log numbers you get if selected?

If so, is it normal to get selected to be on a waitlist but be assigned a log number that is lower than the latest approval number of the building?
Very likely those are numbers from a different previous waitlist that predates the most recent lottery. They exhaust the existing waitlist then switch to the recently created new one, I suppose.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:24 PM

149 posts, read 192,968 times
Most certainly. I didn’t find how many log numbers were assigned in the previous lottery. Although maybe that would be helpful to understand when the last list is exhausted and this (2022) list starts.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:59 PM

300 posts, read 211,903 times
I received a log # for Tivoli. What would be considered a good log #? Is there any way I can figure out how long the wait would be?

Old 05-26-2022, 05:28 AM

828 posts, read 768,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg-ev View Post
If anyone applied for Tivoli, just saw that I received Not Accepted for the studios and 1 beds
Same. Not Selected for a 1br.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:32 AM

17 posts, read 45,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
For whatever reason, it did not get much press. Nor does the Governor have it on her brag sheet. Anyhow, see second paragraph from story on Inwood Tower.

“ In keeping with that plan, Hochul recently signed a law that raises the bar for Mitchell-Lama co-ops to opt out of the affordable-housing program and convert their apartments to market rate. The new law requires that 80% of residents — up from 67% — must choose to opt out of the program. It also requires Mitchell-Lama co-op boards to hold six shareholder meetings a year, and if a vote to opt out fails, it places a five-year moratorium on a new vote. The governor’s move has sparked sharp divisions. Supporters of affordable housing are delighted; shareholders and sponsors in Mitchell-Lama co-ops who yearn to transform their apartments to market rate are equally dismayed”

Source:
https://www.habitatmag.com/Publicati...p-for-30-Years

"shareholders and sponsors in Mitchell-Lama co-ops who yearn to transform their apartments to market rate are equally dismayed”

F*** these people. They applied, luckily got selected for an affordable housing unit and moved up the social economic ladder... And now they want to pull this ladder up and away from others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery