Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 09:33 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,904,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joscosticks View Post
This is the first lottery where I’ve been selected. Submitted pre-approval paperwork around 8-9 weeks ago. Interviewed 6 weeks ago. Today I was told I’ve been approved!

Today I was told that I will need to come in for another appointment to sign “affidavits and final documentation”. Does this mean HPD has already approved my file? Is it smooth sailing from here?

I’m so excited but so anxious too. My current lease doesn’t end until April ‘19. Hopefully I can sort that out as well.
Congrats. 🍾

What size apt are you getting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 11:27 PM

252 posts, read 348,867 times
I just got an email saying my application was randomly selected for further processing. It says this is to only establish eligibility appointment.

I am in the process of putting together all the required documents listed. Can someone shed more light on what's to be expected next? this is my absolute 1st go around with housing lottery so I have no clue what to do, expect, say, etc.

Is there a minimum amount of money I should have available in my bank account? is there a maximum? Do i dress a certain way to the interview? etc.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Old 10-13-2018, 12:04 AM

12 posts, read 17,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Congrats. 🍾

What size apt are you getting?
I’ll be in a 1BR!

Old 10-13-2018, 09:38 AM

14 posts, read 43,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizou972 View Post
Hey Lynn13,

same situation here.. in the thousands no CB preference.

Did you receive any interview email yet ?

Best of luck !!!
No interview email yet. I'm desperately checking every day. If I get an email, I'll post it on here.

Thanks for the luck!! Good luck to you as well. Neither of of our #'s is in the hundreds so I think we'll need it!

Old 10-13-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

We are now in mid October, do you guys have any idea when the interview emails will be sent out, if not already ?

I'm 1xxx no CB preference. And I have to leave my apt soon.. wouldn't want to be caught up in a new lease if I can strike that lottery...

Thanks for any update.
Same situation. Haven't been emailed yet for an interview and no idea if they've started yet.

Old 10-13-2018, 12:10 PM

36 posts, read 86,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn13 View Post
No interview email yet. I'm desperately checking every day. If I get an email, I'll post it on here.

Thanks for the luck!! Good luck to you as well. Neither of of our #'s is in the hundreds so I think we'll need it!

Thanks !
will do the same .. hopefully sooner than later.
But I want to be hopeful I think we have good #'s. Are you targeting a studio, 1Bdr or 2 bdr ?

I'm aiming for a 2 bdr ...

fingers crossed

Old 10-13-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logix1229 View Post
I just got an email saying my application was randomly selected for further processing. It says this is to only establish eligibility appointment.

I am in the process of putting together all the required documents listed. Can someone shed more light on what's to be expected next? this is my absolute 1st go around with housing lottery so I have no clue what to do, expect, say, etc.

Is there a minimum amount of money I should have available in my bank account? is there a maximum? Do i dress a certain way to the interview? etc.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Have your original docs in one pile. Your copies in another and answer their questions honestly. Simple as that

Old 10-13-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joscosticks View Post
I’ll be in a 1BR!
Nice. Be sure to take pics of the unit before u move in for us

Old 10-13-2018, 01:51 PM

252 posts, read 348,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Have your original docs in one pile. Your copies in another and answer their questions honestly. Simple as that
Thank you!

Old 10-13-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks !
will do the same .. hopefully sooner than later.
But I want to be hopeful I think we have good #'s. Are you targeting a studio, 1Bdr or 2 bdr ?

I'm aiming for a 2 bdr ...

fingers crossed
I'm targeting a 1-bedroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery