Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2019, 08:17 PM

15 posts, read 26,184 times

Advertisements

do you know if they send out letters saying you did not get the apartment? or do they only contact you when you get the apartment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 08:43 PM

431 posts, read 513,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elee610 View Post
do you know if they send out letters saying you did not get the apartment? or do they only contact you when you get the apartment?
I got a letter saying we didn’t get any of the apartments we viewed.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
I got a letter saying we didn’t get any of the apartments we viewed.
oo how long after was it?

Old 02-27-2019, 05:16 AM

233 posts, read 404,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckyMoCi View Post
1 bed w/ balcony, there are 158 internal applicants according to the wait list as of 11/1/2018, some dating back as far as 1981, 1983 etc but still active.

What about you?
I'm on the studio no preference list. Half the list is from 1978-1998.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:39 AM

8 posts, read 11,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
I'm on the studio no preference list. Half the list is from 1978-1998.

How many internal applicants on your list tho? You made mine sound terrible lol

Old 02-27-2019, 06:53 AM

4 posts, read 7,396 times
If my income changed from the time I interviewed and I am making a little bit more than the bracket allows, am I out of the running?

Old 02-27-2019, 06:57 AM

says on the site the studio has 1 internal transfer applicant. not many people want to transfer to studios if they already have one or downgrade.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:46 AM

79 posts, read 94,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco260 View Post
If my income changed from the time I interviewed and I am making a little bit more than the bracket allows, am I out of the running?
They are very strict about this. Your annual income will be calculated by annualizing your last six paystubs. So its like you were paid and will be paid being paid at your current rate for the whole year. Unfortunately, if that calculation brings you even a tiny bit above the bracket, you will be disqualified.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:49 AM

8 posts, read 11,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elee610 View Post
says on the site the studio has 1 internal transfer applicant. not many people want to transfer to studios if they already have one or downgrade.

That's great lol, wish my list could look a bit more like yours, oh well... we shall see

Old 02-27-2019, 08:40 AM

4,806 posts, read 6,663,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdreams View Post
They are very strict about this. Your annual income will be calculated by annualizing your last six paystubs. So its like you were paid and will be paid being paid at your current rate for the whole year. Unfortunately, if that calculation brings you even a tiny bit above the bracket, you will be disqualified.
If your income changes after you were interviewed and you have handed in your six paystubs already, everything depends on whether you are asked for more paystubs as time goes on.

It's possible you will not be asked to update your documents. Then you will "squeak in" to the apartment.

On the other hand, if the building is delayed for any reason, and you have to wait to sign your lease, you may be asked to hand in more paystubs. At that point, if you are above the bracket, you will be disqualified.

Another factor is that documents get stale after 120 days. So if there is a real delay, you will need to provide everything again. At that point, you will be disqualified.

The bottom line is, as I've said often on this board, is that the apartment isn't yours until you are standing at your front door with the key in your hand, turning the lock. Up until that point, anything can happen. Sad but true.

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery