Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2019, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 903 times

Advertisements

I applied thru the lottery and had an interview in mid-November 2018 with Settlement Housing Fund which is located at 247 West 37th Street, 19th floor. They are not the best communicators with updates, but I am hopeful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 04:15 PM

69 posts, read 101,068 times
Any news from anyone? It's been quiet on this board. Crickets.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:09 PM

21 posts, read 29,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
Hey Congrats!! They will definitely take the appliances out of the box and the doors off the refrigerator if necessary. My refrigerator is 36" wide but its a counter depth, only 24 " deep without the doors. My stove is only 24" wide. I have the stove next to the sink (9" gap in between, am looking for a 9" shelving unit to fit in there) and the refrigerator next to the stove. I put an 11" deep and 5 foot wide butcher block shelf on the opposite wall under the window for work space.
I didn't mount a microwave but I installed a stainless steel shelf above the stove and have a microwave sitting on it.

Be careful when ordering furniture as my sofa bed would not fit in the elevator. They should have given you a paper with the elevator dimensions at your closing, trust it because I had to pay the delivery guys extra $$$ to carry it up the stairs and these champs did, to the 14th Floor!!

Good luck!!
Thanks so much, mrspeel77!

I stopped into PC Richards to check out what they have on display. They don't seem to have a lot of what's top-ranked in Consumer Reports, and the nice sales person there warned me of Penn South's narrow entryways, which are really more like 29" into the apartment. I don't really want to spend that much more than a grand on a fridge, but I do want something that's not really puny. It's just me, but I like to cook. I'm set on getting a 30" w. stove. I'll have to conduct some more research, and soon.

I too wanted to put a butcher block under the window, next to the tall cabinet. Are you balancing it on some kind of console, or did you have something made? I was thinking I could get a couple of stools and have to make a little breakfast nook, or space for food while I prep.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hey pinkandgreen,

Congratulations! It sounds like you went through the process pretty quickly.

Good luck with the furniture and appliances!

hkcg
Thanks, hkcg! I hope your number comes up soon!

Old 08-11-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Congrats and welcome. Our fridge The fridge is 21 cu ft/32.8" wide, which is a little too big for the kitchen, but we wanted a lot of fridge space. It barely fit through the front door, and that was with the fridge door removed - definitely measure carefully when you get yours. Our stove is a 30" model and fit through both doorways without any problems. We mounted a hood above the stove but not a microwave.

Can you choose where your stove goes? We're in a 'D' studio (high floor) and really could only put it one place, where the gas hookup is.

Thanks, Incog79! I'm moving in in fits and starts.

Can you tell me about the hood? I don't know much about these things. Is this a fan for when you cook?

I'm terrified that the fridge won't fit through the door, so I may just spend more than I wanted. I had certain requirements I wanted: Energy Star, top freezer, handles on the outside, quiet. Preferably not LG or Samsung (only because I was told if something goes wrong, it's extremely difficult to get a repair person in). But I guess, how often does that happen? Otherwise, supposedly they are great fridges.

I haven't talked to anyone at Penn South about the stove, but I was told at PC Richards that it can be set up anywhere within 4 feet of that gasket thing on the wall. For me, I think I'll have it next to the sink.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:26 AM

15 posts, read 19,372 times
well, my "incorrect" charges turned out being legit ones.. It was just not well detailed in the statement.
I agree with @prettyk, it's quiet in here
Keeping the finger crossed for my fellow New Yorkers.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:40 AM

45 posts, read 24,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconyte View Post
Always important to remain strong and professional. Sometimes they are nice sometimes they are not but whatever they are you be the better, no need to argue just resupply the requested documents and keep it moving. I think it is also a good Idea to email them as well so you have a copy of what you sent in with an automatic time and date stamp it is CYA all the way. Good luck with everything stay chill and stay positive and most of all stay professionsal
Hi guys I just had my first interview with them last week and I bank with MCU and my log number is 1400 does anyone know if i still have a chance feeling discourgaed

Old 08-12-2019, 08:13 AM

172 posts, read 151,449 times
Hello everyone

Any updates about your TIC document approvals?

Old 08-12-2019, 08:33 AM

53 posts, read 36,792 times
no, not yet...

Old 08-12-2019, 09:51 AM

59 posts, read 57,023 times
I emailed her last week and I never received a response from her. At this point i'm just going to wait it out.
I read on other blogs that Bronx Group's communications really sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery