Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 11:27 PM

91 posts, read 92,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
3x could still have 1-3x ahead of them not including preference there are multiple variables as to why the process takes long, that is not what is being discussed right now.

What is being discussed here and asking of lottery hopeful Is to show where in the marketing handbook does it state that after log numbers are assigned log numbers are then picked at random and then processed in numerical order. Like I said find me someone with a log number 1 in this forum that has never been called to be processed even though they qualified.
Still at it? LOTTERY.... randomly selected.... under the assumption that people get what a lottery is there is no explanation needed. You get a number and then you get randomly selected. If your number is low enough or you have preferences and get RANDOMLY selected you have an advantage over someone with a higher number. You people are really killing me. Please explain why the letters and emails sent to people say “your application has been RANDOMLY selected for further processing”? This happens AFTER the numbers are generated. THE LOTTERY is your number getting randomly selected. Like the real lotto where the numbers pop up in a ball AFTER you purchase your lottery ticket. IF your number pops up... congrats you won the lottery.
Same for the housing lottery. Hence being randomly selected and getting called. No need for videos or links.... I get it... you don’t. The rules you keep explaining happen AFTER you get selected. Sheesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 05:45 AM

515 posts, read 527,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottery_hopeful View Post
Like the real lotto where the numbers pop up in a ball AFTER you purchase your lottery ticket.
You do know that the lottery part in the lotto is the numbers that pop up on the ball NOT the ticket you purchase. The lottery will be held and the numbers will pop up regardless if you have a ticket or not. The random act occurs with those balls being picked not with the ticket you purchase.

This has the same concept. Think of the housing lottery like this. Your application IS the ball to pop up in the machine, the applications are shuffled and then The first one to pop up is the winner and will be given the number log 1 and so on.

Lmao I just realized how incredibly slow you are.

Quote:
The rules you keep explaining happen AFTER you get selected. Sheesh
That statement right there proves to me that
One you’re ignorant because all you do is pull information from that airhead of yours
Two you don’t understand the process and haven’t actually been through one long enough to understand it
Three you don’t know of and HAVE NEVER read the marketing handbook lmao

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/developers/marketing.page
There’s the marketing handbook(along with ALL the template letters including the one you keep using as your argument lol) for you.

Here’s HPD’s number 212-863-6300 call them lol and not your friend “Sanja from HPD”

Read it, comprehend it (if you can)
Then come back and make your argument.

You are dismissed, be gone now airhead.

Last edited by Mimilove; 11-01-2019 at 07:09 AM..

Old 11-01-2019, 07:28 AM

40 posts, read 76,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
Last letter i received said i was 17th in line for an 2br apartment. didn't get the neither of the two apartment I saw, so i assume i'm 15th in line

the online portal has me WAYY off
Hi dreamer! Thanks for responding! How off is WAYY off?

The portal has me around 130 but last time I emailed Carmen, we we're around 60.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
You do know that the lottery part in the lotto is the numbers that pop up on the ball NOT the ticket you purchase. The lottery will be held and the numbers will pop up regardless if you have a ticket or not. The random act occurs with those balls being picked not with the ticket you purchase.

This has the same concept. Think of the housing lottery like this. Your application IS the ball to pop up in the machine, the applications are shuffled and then The first one to pop up is the winner and will be given the number log 1 and so on.

Lmao I just realized how incredibly slow you are.

That statement right there proves to me that
One you’re ignorant because all you do is pull information from that airhead of yours
Two you don’t understand the process and haven’t actually been through one long enough to understand it
Three you don’t know of and HAVE NEVER read the marketing handbook lmao

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/developers/marketing.page
There’s the marketing handbook(along with ALL the template letters including the one you keep using as your argument lol) for you.

Here’s HPD’s number 212-863-6300 call them lol and not your friend “Sanja from HPD”

Read it, comprehend it (if you can)
Then come back and make your argument.

You are dismissed, be gone now airhead.

YOU ARE HILARIOUS! You should get paid for this. Airhead... name calling. Whoops someone is mad. LOL. Anyway... what I know will remain unchanged. Now go find another post to jump on. Smh. End of the back and forth. No matter what you say: DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I don't know you and you don't know me. You keep getting butthurt about it like it's personal. Who cares!?NO ONE. Unbothered.

Last edited by lottery_hopeful; 11-01-2019 at 09:07 AM..

Old 11-01-2019, 07:59 AM

430 posts, read 508,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aminalex View Post
Hi dreamer! Thanks for responding! How off is WAYY off?

The portal has me around 130 but last time I emailed Carmen, we we're around 60.
similar to yours. my number on the portal is lower yours but the difference is the same.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:12 AM

11 posts, read 4,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnelantoine1208 View Post
Anybody hear anything new
not yet

Old 11-01-2019, 09:15 AM

133 posts, read 136,275 times
I have a lottery apartment, when I would call they would tell me we are up to number XXX you should hear from us in 2-4 months ... meaning they go in order of the random log number .

Old 11-01-2019, 09:31 AM

515 posts, read 527,664 times
Quote:
YOU ARE HILARIOUS! You should get paid for this. Airhead... name calling. Whoops someone is mad. LOL. Anyway... what I know will remain unchanged. Now go find another post to jump on. Smh. End of the back and forth. No matter what you say: DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I don't know you and you don't know me. You keep getting butthurt about it like it's personal. Who cares!?NO ONE. Unbothered.
Lol you're the one who keeps coming back and it bothered you so much that you came back to add the little piece about the airhead because I read your first response girl it said "YOU ARE HILARIOUS! You should get paid for this" that's all you said.

Anyways I'm still waiting for you to show me your facts to prove your randomly pick log number theory.

Did you read the marketing handbook??

Old 11-01-2019, 10:18 AM

18 posts, read 17,943 times
Yea i havent seen any changes in the entrance in months

Old 11-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Lol you're the one who keeps coming back and it bothered you so much that you came back to add the little piece about the airhead because I read your first response girl it said "YOU ARE HILARIOUS! You should get paid for this" that's all you said.

Anyways I'm still waiting for you to show me your facts to prove your randomly pick log number theory.

Did you read the marketing handbook??

GIRL BYE! Give it up already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery