Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2019, 09:28 AM

34,189 posts, read 47,619,795 times

Advertisements

CADMAN TOWERS INC.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 09:46 AM

23 posts, read 23,908 times
Macnyc2003, they don't seem to discriminate between the larger and smaller 1-bedrooms for waiting list purposes.

My friend's log number was 41, and she was initially called after 11 months on the waiting list. At the time they showed her one apartment, but she didn't have her money together and asked to defer. The next time they called her was three years later. At that time they showed her three apartments, two of which were these larger 1-bedroom floor plans. She didn't take the other one because it had carpet and the building wouldn't take it out and she didn't want to deal with it. She said she now wishes she had taken that one, because it was on the other side and had less street noise.

She said that when she has the windows open in the summer, it can get loud. The street was totally dead when I was there on a Sunday, but I'm sure there's more noise on weekdays.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:57 AM

4,816 posts, read 6,703,845 times
Wow, that’s great that waiting list people are shown more than one unit. I hope the co-op still does that.

Approximately when did your friend move in?

I’m trying to help my daughter figure out roughly when she might get called. Her number is in the 50s. She’s not really ready to move yet, but she and her husband are in a studio, and that gets old at some point. At least it did for me!

Thanks for the great info!

Old 11-04-2019, 10:09 AM

23 posts, read 23,908 times
She moved into her place in 2013.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:02 PM

37 posts, read 58,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCwork718 View Post
Hey guys,

anyone interested in buying custom white cellular light filtering shades? i currently live in a studio and i upgraded to blackout shades since i like to sleep in the pitch darkness. they are only about 1 month ago and perfect condition. they mount inside the window and come with brackets and everything needed to mount it. for penn south windows, you will need to drill through concrete so you need a special drill or hire someone.

here is a link of the product and the custom measurements. i believe all penn south windows should be the same but to make sure i would measure your window.

32.5"W x 58.5"H for the 2 side windows
58.5"W x 58.5"H for the middle big window

total width of inside mount of window = 123.5 inches

https://www.blindsgalore.com/product...cellular-shade

i have pictures if needed or let me know if you have any questions.

please private message me for more details.

Hey NYCWork718,

You can also post this on the "Penn South Online Yard Sale and Recycle Page" page on facebook

Mao

Old 11-04-2019, 04:07 PM

433 posts, read 516,743 times
Got a letter to view 2BR apartments! Whew been a while!

Old 11-04-2019, 05:52 PM

12 posts, read 11,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
Got a letter to view 2BR apartments! Whew been a while!

Congrats! You must be getting close!

Sukie in the Hudson Valley

Old 11-05-2019, 06:52 AM

233 posts, read 405,728 times
Hi All,

After 5 years on the waitlist, I have closed on a studio in PS! Thank you to everyone who has posted and continues to post on this site. It is so so helpful and I truly appreciate it!

Good luck to all on the lists, both 2014 and 2019!

Now I'm going to be asking about stoves, window treatments, etc. Thanks for all your help!

hkcg

Old 11-05-2019, 08:39 AM

15 posts, read 21,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi All,

After 5 years on the waitlist, I have closed on a studio in PS! Thank you to everyone who has posted and continues to post on this site. It is so so helpful and I truly appreciate it!

Now I'm going to be asking about stoves, window treatments, etc. Thanks for all your help!

hkcg
Congratulations!

Do you have a "2.5 room" or a "3 room"? I've been trying to figure out how big they are but I'm not sure if I'm calculating the square footage correctly. Is there enough room, for example, for a queen sized bed and small couch?

Old 11-05-2019, 09:38 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,708,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi All,

hkcg
Happy for you! Tell us all about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery