Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2019, 02:38 PM

11 posts, read 4,682 times

Advertisements

they emailed me this morning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 09:27 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,295,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukieHudson View Post
Hi! I have two friends who are cooperators. Just got a message from one of them with lottery update news...

Applications will be mailed in mid-November 2019 to the 1,250 people who were selected in these lotteries. Complete applications, along with a check or money order covering the $100 administrative fee, must be received at the Management office no later than January 31, 2020. No applications or fees will be accepted after that date.

In early 2020, after all applications are received and processed, the Management Office will provide these new applicants with instructions on how to log on to the Penn South website and track their position on the respective waiting lists.

Guess I will stop holding my breath for another two weeks or so!!!

Sukie in the Hudson Valley
Thank you very muck Sukie for sharing....

Old 11-09-2019, 04:59 AM

45 posts, read 24,908 times
Hi what did they say in the email?

Old 11-09-2019, 06:11 AM

233 posts, read 406,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeow18 View Post
I also just moved into a studio but I am not sure if we have the same configuration. Mine has an eat-in kitchen and I got from PC Richard&Son:

LG 24" 11.1 Cu. Ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator
GE 30" 5-Burner Freestanding Gas Range with Convection Oven Griddle

I also ordered from IKEA:
KNOXHULT: Base cabinet with drawers, white, 15x24x36 "

I put the base cabinet between the fridge and the stove and they fit like a glove in the kitchen but it was a bit tight getting the gas range through the front door.

From home depot I got the Peel and stick tiles for the closet floor. So far, they are still...sticking, lol.

Yes, the maintenance staffs will charge you and they also only come to you after work hours. I asked them to install the top lock and they did a great job. But you can also go to the hardware store across the street, they charge pretty much the same. I didn't install anything that require drilling as that will cost you when you move out. ( Only if you are thinking to apply for internal transfer tho.) I use tension rods for curtains instead.

Hope this helps!

Meow
Thanks, Meow!

I'm looking at an LG refrigerator and GE stove as well. I'm going to get a 24" stove, which actually doesn't look that small. I have an eat-in kitchen as well. Is your refrigerator quiet?

I bought some peel and stick temporary shades from Home Depot until I decide what I want. I think I'm going with some kind of room darkening or blackout blinds.

Thanks!!

hkcg

Old 11-09-2019, 06:32 AM

They gave me the day to go view the unit. Has anyone else here received the email as well?

Old 11-09-2019, 06:38 AM

45 posts, read 24,908 times
oh wow that is great congratulation if you dont mind me asking how was the process I have only gone to one interview and still waiting. also how many bedrooms did they give you.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:59 AM

77 posts, read 52,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi0816 View Post
They gave me the day to go view the unit. Has anyone else here received the email as well?
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy god is good if u don’t mind me asking when did u do ur interview n did u get the 1bedroom god is so good

Old 11-09-2019, 07:30 AM

77 posts, read 52,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi0816 View Post
I didn’t get a email yet ☹️ I’m scared . What’s your log in number if u don’t mind me asking ? And r u excited omg

Old 11-09-2019, 07:49 AM

my log number was less than 100 and with cb preference. i did not get the one bed i got the studio. i did my interview in july i think but had to appeal the process so that took an extra month for them to review my appeal.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:51 AM

some of you guys could still be waiting to hear back. is anyone still interviewing or heard anything at all?
when did you guys interview?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery