Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2019, 09:25 AM

16 posts, read 15,189 times

Advertisements

Just cause someone doesn’t do proper research doesn’t mean it’s not there. If you go on the reside NY website. It states there affiliation. Hopefully Reside NY is different. I’m just stating the bad experience I had with Metropolitan. I submitted all paperwork, I even went over it in person. The employee said I had all paperwork they needed. Then the next day they miscalculated my income, said paperwork was missing. I told them please relook at all the paperwork nothing is missing. They did relook and this time stated I don’t qualify for two bedroom to appeal. Mind you she told me I qualify for one bedroom, so I told her that. After they fixed the errors they said the apartment was not available anymore. The reason I feel it was discrimination is cause I called HDC and told them what happened. They state the company was suppose to offer me a waiting list etc which they didn’t do or mention. So I told Metropolitan this and all of a sudden they emailed me if I wanted to be on the waiting list. Then I stated I’m suppose to get it in writing like hdc told me. Then a week later they send it in writing. I told Rachel from Metropolitan that I was going to report her (which I did). Her reply was good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 09:32 AM

13 posts, read 9,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanie2002 View Post
Did you get your viewing yet? If not call & ask. I just saw mine on fri. I had to call them to see what was up. Luckily the person on my case has been great and on top of everything.
I have my viewing this Friday! Im so excited to finally see it!

Old 11-20-2019, 09:34 AM

91 posts, read 92,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justicejustice View Post
Just cause someone doesn’t do proper research doesn’t mean it’s not there. If you go on the reside NY website. It states there affiliation. Hopefully Reside NY is different. I’m just stating the bad experience I had with Metropolitan. I submitted all paperwork, I even went over it in person. The employee said I had all paperwork they needed. Then the next day they miscalculated my income, said paperwork was missing. I told them please relook at all the paperwork nothing is missing. They did relook and this time stated I don’t qualify for two bedroom to appeal. Mind you she told me I qualify for one bedroom, so I told her that. After they fixed the errors they said the apartment was not available anymore. The reason I feel it was discrimination is cause I called HDC and told them what happened. They state the company was suppose to offer me a waiting list etc which they didn’t do or mention. So I told Metropolitan this and all of a sudden they emailed me if I wanted to be on the waiting list. Then I stated I’m suppose to get it in writing like hdc told me. Then a week later they send it in writing. I told Rachel from Metropolitan that I was going to report her (which I did). Her reply was good luck.

You're scaring me! They are handling THREE lotteries for my family!!! SHEEEEESH. Thanks for the information. So far we haven't experienced anything crazy but I will be on the lookout and on top of everything. Good luck and I hope you win your appeal!

Old 11-20-2019, 09:45 AM

515 posts, read 526,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justicejustice View Post
Just cause someone doesn’t do proper research doesn’t mean it’s not there. If you go on the reside NY website. It states there affiliation. Hopefully Reside NY is different.
Gotcha. I see now they are affiliated but Reside still has good reviews and lottery hopeful just mentioned dealing with them and nothing crazy.

People get denied and put on waiting lists for these lotteries all the time. But if you feel they discriminated then that's not good at all. At least we all know now to keep an eye on our application process with them.

When did you last deal with them, was it for this lottery? Hopefully they have gotten their act together since then.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:16 AM

43 posts, read 26,525 times
Lol even a peak. I mean even if they dont see the apartment because of some pics u post that's there lose and someone else's gain anyway

Old 11-20-2019, 10:30 AM

123 posts, read 140,561 times
Yeah can u post the pics of the apartment...thanks

Old 11-20-2019, 10:35 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,245,944 times
Seventh can you please tell why the Penn south 2019 threads have been deleted? It happened twice

Old 11-20-2019, 10:38 AM

No, of course people get put on waiting list all the time. The thing is they didn’t even mention or offer me a waiting list. They only offered it after I told them I spoke to HDC. Even then I told them they are suppose to give it in writing that I will be put on the waiting list, which was another process. My point is I did all the paperwork correctly, even the lady stated it. So why after that they give me run around a and different stories. Stating paperwork is missing then they check again and it’s not missing but now I don’t qualify. Then they check again I do qualify but now it’s too late. It was all the excuses and run around that I felt like I was being discriminated upon. No it wasn’t for this lotto but when I spoke to people in the past about it , they said they had similar dis tomato green experiences. It’s mainly run by hassidic Jews, the office it’s in Williamsburg. That was a year ago , idk how it is now.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:41 AM

They had similar experiences* sorry my phone is acting up

Old 11-20-2019, 11:49 AM

16 posts, read 18,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franshiny21 View Post
I have my viewing this Friday! Im so excited to finally see it!
Congrats. It should be fast from here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery