Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 08:29 AM

64 posts, read 176,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can apply for and be on more than one wait list for affordable housing? There is a rental called West End Towers that has a lottery open until August 31st, and the income requirements are a little higher than you usually see in these ads.

I appreciate any information!

Thanks,

hkcg
Yes, you definitely can. You can even apply for other Mitchell Lama developments if you already live in one as far as I know - but you just have to make the one you live in your primary residence. So, I'm assuming that if you already live in a ML co-op and want to move to another one, you'd have to sell the current one back to the building.

The housing connect 80-20 buildings are a completely different animal than Penn South - you can apply and even move to one while you're on the Penn South waiting list. Just like the ML thing I said above - if / when you get called from the Penn South list and hopefully move in there, you'd have to make that your primary residence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 09:37 AM

233 posts, read 403,041 times
Thanks so much, waitng4chelsea2! This is very helpful.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,889 times
Does anyone know how the transfer process works at Penn South, for example if you wish to transfer your apt to your children in the future? Do you have to live there for "x" amount of years before being able to do so?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:53 AM

128 posts, read 227,469 times
I don't know if you can transfer an apartment like that. The "children" i believe would have to be residents of the apartment as well and listed as such. So it would have to be their primary residence and their incomes would be listed and so on. This is how i understand it to be, I could be mistaken.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxue View Post
Does anyone know how the transfer process works at Penn South, for example if you wish to transfer your apt to your children in the future? Do you have to live there for "x" amount of years before being able to do so?

There is a thread on Click Your Block Penn South :Succession Rights to Penn South Apartments.

There is a post with an attachment about the succession rights.

Hope you find the information you need!

hkcg

Old 09-23-2016, 07:25 AM

154 posts, read 287,195 times
It's now been nearly EIGHT MONTHS since they updated the list? Has anyone contacted the office or heard anything? Getting antsy.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:01 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,265,887 times
I called them because I'm on another internal waiting list (I'm already a resident). They explained that someone is revising the website and that it would be a long time before the numbers were updated. This was about a month ago.

They then transferred me to someone who could give me my status on the list and about 2 weeks later that person got back to me.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:28 AM

154 posts, read 287,195 times
Thanks for this, Barkomatic. Can you give us any sense of how many spots you moved up? Do you think if someone who doesn't already live there calls, they would give us our new number? Thanks!

Old 09-30-2016, 08:31 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,265,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
Thanks for this, Barkomatic. Can you give us any sense of how many spots you moved up? Do you think if someone who doesn't already live there calls, they would give us our new number? Thanks!
I'm a list for a parking spot--so I don't think a valid comparison can be drawn to someone waiting for an apartment. However, it wouldn't hurt to call -- but they'll most likely transfer you to someone's voicemail or provide an email address for someone to get back to you.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
It's now been nearly EIGHT MONTHS since they updated the list? Has anyone contacted the office or heard anything? Getting antsy.
Yes, it's been 8 months! I hope they haven't updated it because they are so busy showing and selling! The frustrating part is that they themselves said that they updated it quarterly, but it seems that there's no set time frame. One time they updated in July 2015 and then again in September 2015, and now there is an eight month gap, so I'm a little confused as to how it works. However, I am still feeling lucky and grateful to be on the list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery