Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 05:53 PM

155 posts, read 173,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-uh View Post
Yeah, so far between this thread and another thread on this site related to the same building, I have only read about either people with a disability preference or cb preference being called for interviews. And if the information someone posted recently stating that only 9 tenants have moved in is accurate, they still got a long ways to go!
Agree, it’s a big building too. 102 apartments so hopefully things do go well for all of us .. I wish everyone the best ! Are you scheduled this week for a interview as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,178 times
I found the below info from Cadman Tower's coop web site. (wait list all the way right on top)

--------Quote-------
As of June 2019, for a one bedroom apartment we currently are up to log number 349 (on the 2010 waiting list).

As of October 2018, for a two bedroom apartment we are currently up to log number 239 (on the 2010 waiting list).

As of October for a three bedroom apartment we are still working off of the 2001 waiting list. The last application that was processed was applicant #23.
----------------------

The housing connect site shows below.

-------Quote---------
One bed room 9/16/2019 568
Two bed room 6/7/2017 239
Three bed room 3/18/2016 36 (2001 Lottery)
------------------------------
So one bed room it moved 219 in 3 months till Sep 2019, two bed room did not move since June 2017.

The entire info may not be correct as 3 bed room number is not accurate of what the coop's waiting list from housing connect info.

I hope it helps!

BTW, I got a letter too. I am closed to 500. 15 years, may be.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:54 AM

14 posts, read 19,991 times
No. I have municipal preference with a log number of 2,1XX. The summer came and went and I was starting to lose hope until the recent posts on this thread. Seems like they’re still contacting cb and disability preference log numbers. So I’m still holding out and hoping I’ll be contacted soon.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-uh View Post
No. I have municipal preference with a log number of 2,1XX. The summer came and went and I was starting to lose hope until the recent posts on this thread. Seems like they’re still contacting cb and disability preference log numbers. So I’m still holding out and hoping I’ll be contacted soon.
Did you do a credit check ? What did they say at the interview ? Have you been calling them ? Maybe they want to do the disability & cb first then go to log #’s. Sometimes people with the cb or disabilities change their email or even address so they can’t even see their interview invite, their incomes changes so they don’t even qualify anymore. Don’t give up 😩 ! I gave up with these too I had emails saying I don’t qualify, I even went to a interviews and they told me I don’t qualify my income is too high and I actually applied to a housing near my area had everything and they put me on a waiting list. I gave up too until this one sent me a invite & this time I feel a little different. Im going to have hope. Have hope just like me 😇.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:17 AM

18 posts, read 18,061 times
I had an interview in June, I have CB, log 8,XXX and they told me they would get back to me in 6-8 weeks. They have yet to contact me, have not sent my application to the HPD and i believe they have not checked my credit. I have called wavecrest multiple times and when someone actually decides to pick up, they tell me you are on the waitlist and that there are people ahead of me. I then ask them how many people are ahead and what that means for my application and they tell me they are still compiling the list. I qualify for both the 80% and the 100% and until i read this thread i believed it was full, but now i am having second thoughts. To me it seems very mismanaged and the answers i am being given are a bit open ended. Is anyone else having this problem?

Old 10-02-2019, 09:32 AM

14 posts, read 19,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
Did you do a credit check ? What did they say at the interview ? Have you been calling them ? Maybe they want to do the disability & cb first then go to log #’s.
I haven’t been interviewed and haven’t had a credit check either. Like I said, I’m just hoping to be contacted to say my application was selected and to be scheduled for an interview.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsKitchenNative View Post
I had an interview in June, I have CB, log 8,XXX and they told me they would get back to me in 6-8 weeks. They have yet to contact me, have not sent my application to the HPD and i believe they have not checked my credit. I have called wavecrest multiple times and when someone actually decides to pick up, they tell me you are on the waitlist and that there are people ahead of me. I then ask them how many people are ahead and what that means for my application and they tell me they are still compiling the list. I qualify for both the 80% and the 100% and until i read this thread i believed it was full, but now i am having second thoughts. To me it seems very mismanaged and the answers i am being given are a bit open ended. Is anyone else having this problem?
Wow 😳 back to no hope for me lol because that is just ridiculous! I will let you know how everything goes for me though. I’ll definitely keep you inform. Are you still applying to other applications?

Old 10-02-2019, 03:54 PM

45 posts, read 24,908 times
Hello so i got an email and i forward my paperwork and they said i qualifiled for an interview so waiting on this. but if you are eligible for prescreening is this a good sign. and has anyone seen the apartments?

Old 10-02-2019, 03:57 PM

45 posts, read 24,908 times
why did you applea?

Old 10-02-2019, 03:58 PM

5 posts, read 3,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnelantoine1208 View Post
Mine is in the 6 thousands and I’m on my final review I’m also community board and I can’t waut till they call us god is good we and the others will get a apartment
OMG! That’s awesome I pray that your get it with no problems. Do you mind me asking how many more reviews did you have to go thru. The lady that interviewed me the first time was so mean and nasty she calculated my income all wrong and 2 ways. I sent my appeal in and wish that the person reviewing it does me justice because I qualify due to my income and I live in the community. Did you see any apartments yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery