Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2018, 12:56 PM

22 posts, read 35,829 times

Advertisements

Hi, anybody has ideas regarding the waiting list of 2 bedrm without balcony?
Currently, we r in 149 external list of 1 bedrm with balcony. As we r expecting end of this year, we r planning to request moving to the end of 2bedrm list once the bb is born.
Does anyone know if you can switch from 1bedroom balcony to no balcony list? Felt like the turn over for balcony apt is very slow.
Does anyone know how they calculate the annual income for commission base jobs? Since every yr W2 is diff, do they use the current Year to date and extrapolate to the full year?
What is the current income limit for one bedroom and two bedrooms? The max could go up to 50% more with more common charges, right?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 03:27 PM

128 posts, read 228,138 times
You can't switch while on a waiting list. Once you are in an apartment, you have to wait 3 years before getting on the internal wait list for a larger apartment. The income limits are listed on the pennsouth website.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:31 AM

233 posts, read 406,263 times
Hi All,

I've been wondering how long you have to contact Penn South after you receive a letter to come look at apartments. I'm going out of town and don't want to be disqualified if I don't respond in time only because I didn't see my mail for two weeks. I know someone posted something related to this topic a while ago, but I can't find it.

So if those of you who are already in apartments remember what the letter said, I really appreciate it.

Thanks!

hkcg

Old 06-14-2018, 04:12 AM

155 posts, read 296,400 times
I got a letter inviting me to look at apartments a few months ago and was surprised at the quick turnaround they asked for -- I think we had only one week to get back to them to say if we were interested in coming in. But since they just had a huge amount of people come in and they show apartments in groups of a few at a time, I have a feeling they do it it in batches and that a letter will not come in the next few months. Have a lovely vacation!

Old 06-14-2018, 05:38 AM

128 posts, read 228,138 times
I would send an email to applicant@pennsouth.coop stating you will be away for 2 weeks, just to be safe.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,114 times
I was called for phase II. I live in CB and also noticed othwr people interviewed lived in the area as well. My log number was > 70,000, although I still dont understand the log number.

I never applied for phase I.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,114 times
i had an interview for phase II this week.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:37 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,012,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellskitchengirl123 View Post
i had an interview for phase II this week.
what was the outcome?

Old 06-17-2018, 03:59 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,012,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellskitchengirl123 View Post
I accidentally gave them a wrong paystub and was over by a few dollars. The lady told me to appeal and submit new paystub. She also told me sign and not date a few forms so she could process my folder once I submitted appeal. This made me feel good...but its my first time woth the lottery and I had even forgotten I applied. Any advice on my appeal?
do what they ask you to do

Old 06-18-2018, 05:32 AM

233 posts, read 406,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
I got a letter inviting me to look at apartments a few months ago and was surprised at the quick turnaround they asked for -- I think we had only one week to get back to them to say if we were interested in coming in. But since they just had a huge amount of people come in and they show apartments in groups of a few at a time, I have a feeling they do it it in batches and that a letter will not come in the next few months. Have a lovely vacation!
Thanks! I probably won't be called next week or anything since I' m toward the end of the list, but I was wondering what the time frame is.

So were you with a few different applicants when you looked at apartments? Hope you get one soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery