Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 04:48 PM

9 posts, read 13,508 times

Advertisements

Hey all, does anyone have any suggestions for how to contact Penn South with requests to update applicant info? In short, I'm experiencing site/technical issues whenever I try updating my online eligibility screening. I've reached out to technical support (on the external applicant portal) a few times, but I haven't gotten a response, and unfortunatly at this rate it doesn't seem like I will. I've tried several times to resolve the matter on my own with troubleshooting, but it never helps. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 05:05 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
You can try emailing applicant@pennsouth.coop.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 7,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Congrats! It sounds as if you had an amazing result! I'm glad you saw A lines. I think that is a great layout. To you, what makes an apartment more desirable? Is it location, or high floor vs. low floor?

I have a question, though: I thought that both C and H lines had balconies. Did you happen to see C's and H's that were on low floors?
To me, what is important is a lot of light and the H apartment along with the C apartment had large windows in the living room. I also fell in love with the H apartment because it has a garden outside the living room: lots of trees and grass. If there is another lockdown, it will be nice being able to see some nature.

When I viewed the apartment, I saw apartments from the 1st floor all the way up to the 20th floor. I preferred the lower apartments because there was a high probability of having trees outside and just staring at buildings was not appealing to me.

Neither the H nor the C had balconies. The H apartment was on the 1st floor while the C one was on the 2nd floor.

I hope your daughter gets called soon.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:35 PM

26 posts, read 45,049 times
Anyone have a idea how the cash purchase work. By the time i will get a call i will be saved up full price.

Old 12-09-2021, 07:47 AM

430 posts, read 505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsouth01 View Post
Anyone have a idea how the cash purchase work. By the time i will get a call i will be saved up full price.
Cashier check from your bank.

Old 12-09-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcaspol2017 View Post
To me, what is important is a lot of light and the H apartment along with the C apartment had large windows in the living room. I also fell in love with the H apartment because it has a garden outside the living room: lots of trees and grass. If there is another lockdown, it will be nice being able to see some nature.

When I viewed the apartment, I saw apartments from the 1st floor all the way up to the 20th floor. I preferred the lower apartments because there was a high probability of having trees outside and just staring at buildings was not appealing to me.

Neither the H nor the C had balconies. The H apartment was on the 1st floor while the C one was on the 2nd floor.

I hope your daughter gets called soon.
Thanks for the info, and congrats on such a great outcome! The H is a wonderful layout, with the large, windowed kitchen and the windowed bathroom. Spacious foyer too, with room for a table or desk. (I love looking at floor plans! )

Do you plan on doing any work on the apartment? Do you need to renovate the kitchen?

Old 12-10-2021, 09:12 PM

5 posts, read 7,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Thanks for the info, and congrats on such a great outcome! The H is a wonderful layout, with the large, windowed kitchen and the windowed bathroom. Spacious foyer too, with room for a table or desk. (I love looking at floor plans! )

Do you plan on doing any work on the apartment? Do you need to renovate the kitchen?
I started the process of closing yesterday and was given the package with all the rules. I asked about renovations and it does not seem as involved as I thought. I am thinking of renovating kitchen and bathroom. I looked online and I saw J. Costa Construction has renovated other apartments.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:17 AM

Good luck with the closing!

I’m told that it’s very common at Penn South to make improvements. I’m going to advise my daughter if she gets an apartment she likes and doesn’t plan to transfer in three years, she should renovate the kitchen. It’s harder to renovate the bathroom in that you really can’t be living there while you do it, in my opinion.

I think the large kitchen at PS, such as the one you have, could be really nice. I personally would put in a dishwasher! Of course I would want a washer/dryer too, but that’s not allowed.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 12-11-2021 at 03:25 AM..

Old 12-12-2021, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,274 times
May I ask why they are not allowed the washer? Can we buy a small one? Will they check?

Old 12-12-2021, 05:23 PM

The plumbing can’t handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery