Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2021, 01:45 PM

430 posts, read 505,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Funny!!!

I'm thinking that West Chelsea has been improving in the past several years because of the High Line and attendant fancy new buildings. (Pre-pandemic, at least. I know lots of parts of the city have suffered since then.)

For current residents and/or others in the know: Would a location on Eighth Avenue or Ninth Avenue be preferred?

Also, would the southern part be preferred over the northern?
Never transferring to a building who has an entrance on 8th ave. Too many bums, too dirty, too loud, too crowded. I very much enjoy being closer to the High Line, Hudson River and Hudson Yards.

Southern or Northern? For those us closer to 9th ave, in a couple of years, it won't matter. All the buildings up at Manhattan West and offices opening in Moynihan station will make that area nicer. Plus the Morgan General Sorting facility is going to be redeveloped for offices, ground-level retail and a rooftop park/deck ( might be open to general public for special events)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 03:02 AM

10 posts, read 11,979 times
A worker at Penn South Federal Credit Union was fired (she's also the daughter of a board member of Penn South...) and in an act of revenge deleted 21 gigabytes of mortgage data from PSFCU.

https://www.cutimes.com/2021/09/17/c...-revenge-case/

Old 10-06-2021, 04:23 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Wow, incredible! Thanks for posting that! This apparently happened in May. Here’s another article with details, now that we know that the credit union is Penn South.

I wonder why she was fired in the first place? And there’s been no statement from Penn South?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...omputer-system

Old 10-06-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Wow, incredible! Thanks for posting that! This apparently happened in May. Here’s another article with details, now that we know that the credit union is Penn South.

I wonder why she was fired in the first place? And there’s been no statement from Penn South?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...omputer-system
As the coop board members will be the first ones to tell you, the PS Credit Union is a separate entity and PS has no control over their operations.

Now that's out of the way, this story caused a stir within the PS group when it was posted last week. While it is a separate entity, my longtime neighbors mention there always been some cross-over between PS employees and the CU and it's been problematic over the years. And no one has been able to discover why the person was fired.

For the longest time the PSCU was the only lender willing to do mortgages for the coop, thankfully there are two other lenders that have better rates and better customer service.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:55 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
As you noted, Dreamernyc, there is apparently crossover between the co-op and the credit union. This article confirms what supermarketsushi said, that the fired employee's father, Michael Barile, is on the board of the co-op. According to the article below, he held high positions, including chairman of the board, for several years and was a member of the oversight committee.

https://murkyslough.com/credit-union...ssed-employee/

Old 10-06-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
As you noted, Dreamernyc, there is apparently crossover between the co-op and the credit union. This article confirms what supermarketsushi said, that the fired employee's father, Michael Barile, is on the board of the co-op. According to the article below, he held high positions, including chairman of the board, for several years and was a member of the oversight committee.

https://murkyslough.com/credit-union...ssed-employee/
Yes we know. like i said, problematic

Last edited by Dreamernyc; 10-06-2021 at 08:11 AM..

Old 10-08-2021, 08:12 PM

269 posts, read 334,556 times
Moved up 7 numbers on studio list since last weekend.

Old 10-19-2021, 10:01 AM

12 posts, read 18,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
As the coop board members will be the first ones to tell you, the PS Credit Union is a separate entity and PS has no control over their operations.

Now that's out of the way, this story caused a stir within the PS group when it was posted last week. While it is a separate entity, my longtime neighbors mention there always been some cross-over between PS employees and the CU and it's been problematic over the years. And no one has been able to discover why the person was fired.

For the longest time the PSCU was the only lender willing to do mortgages for the coop, thankfully there are two other lenders that have better rates and better customer service.
If you don't mind me asking, if you did get a mortgage, which lender did you worked with? I heard Emily from American Broadcast Credit Union was decent to work with? I see their rates are somewhat in line with the regular big banks. So that's a good sign!

Old 10-19-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weapon007 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, if you did get a mortgage, which lender did you worked with? I heard Emily from American Broadcast Credit Union was decent to work with? I see their rates are somewhat in line with the regular big banks. So that's a good sign!
ABECU- Emily was responsive. At the time, we didn't have the option UHAB and the rates for the PSCU were (and still) are high.

Old 10-20-2021, 08:09 AM

12 posts, read 18,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
ABECU- Emily was responsive. At the time, we didn't have the option UHAB and the rates for the PSCU were (and still) are high.
Oh, great info know! What about homeowner insurance? Is there a few to choose from as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery