Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 07:50 AM

154 posts, read 287,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Hi, and welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting helpful information. Are you on the studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom list? Are you on the 2019 list? What is your approximate log number on the "actives" list?
Sorry for my late reply, had some password trouble. I'm not active yet but if I were, my number would be 59. I'm from the 2014 group, 2-bedroom list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcaspol2017 View Post
Hi, I am on the one-bedroom list. I am on the 2014 list. I had put my application on hold and reactivated this past May. I am in the mid-30s on the list. I was contacted a few days ago and I have been offered an apartment. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you, this is so helpful! And congratulations, hope you love your new home. So it took you about 7 months, great to know. I'm debating reactivating now but my partner is worried it'll all happen too fast. If anything, the 2-bedrooms should move slower than the 1-bedrooms.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:05 AM

Here's a really niche question that I'll be amazed if someone can answer it: Let's say a family of 3 is in a Penn South 2-bedroom, and after three years they are on the internal list waiting for a 2-bedroom with a terrace, but by that time their child is in college. Would that family remain eligible for a 2-bed with a terrace?

Old 12-16-2021, 08:13 AM

430 posts, read 505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
Here's a really niche question that I'll be amazed if someone can answer it: Let's say a family of 3 is in a Penn South 2-bedroom, and after three years they are on the internal list waiting for a 2-bedroom with a terrace, but by that time their child is in college. Would that family remain eligible for a 2-bed with a terrace?
No

Old 12-19-2021, 09:34 PM

5 posts, read 8,213 times
New to this forum and can't thank you guys more for the wealth of info here! Question for current residents: I recently became a resident and was told you need a licensed contractor to simply put floor tiles in the kitchen. Well, I think it was also mentioned in the alternation/renovation policy as well.

But skimming through the posts, it appears you can get someone from maintenance to do it during off-hours by posting on the bulletin at maintenance?? Is that still the case or things have changed since? Does anyone know how it works? Thanks and appreciate any feedback

Old 12-19-2021, 10:41 PM

430 posts, read 505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pschelsea11 View Post
New to this forum and can't thank you guys more for the wealth of info here! Question for current residents: I recently became a resident and was told you need a licensed contractor to simply put floor tiles in the kitchen. Well, I think it was also mentioned in the alternation/renovation policy as well.

But skimming through the posts, it appears you can get someone from maintenance to do it during off-hours by posting on the bulletin at maintenance?? Is that still the case or things have changed since? Does anyone know how it works? Thanks and appreciate any feedback
Still a thing as far as I know. Send me a pm for info.

Old 12-20-2021, 02:54 PM

233 posts, read 403,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pschelsea11 View Post

I posted a request for someone to hang paintings, and I got a call right away. This was right before lockdown.
The person who responded came over and gave me a quote (very reasonable) and did the job the next day.

All you do is post a request on the bulletin board in the maintenance office on 25th Street. If any of the staff wants the job, they call you and then you negotiate the price, time, etc. I guess it depends on what kind of floor you are installing as to whether or not you need a contractor.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:13 AM

5 posts, read 8,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
I posted a request for someone to hang paintings, and I got a call right away. This was right before lockdown.
The person who responded came over and gave me a quote (very reasonable) and did the job the next day.

All you do is post a request on the bulletin board in the maintenance office on 25th Street. If any of the staff wants the job, they call you and then you negotiate the price, time, etc. I guess it depends on what kind of floor you are installing as to whether or not you need a contractor.
Thanks! Just want to put tiles or planks since the kitchen floor is barebone. Nothing special or customized. I know the office is open 24/7 because of the security office is in there as well. But can I can post during the weekends or after office hours? Just haven't been able to snoop around yet during regular work hours

Old 12-21-2021, 12:18 PM

9 posts, read 13,508 times
Hey all, this might seem like a silly question, but I'm genuinely unsure:

Say I get contacted and offered an apartment, but my lease at my current home isn't up yet. Is there a grace period in which I'm allowed some time before actually moving in/paying for a Penn South studio? I imagine not, but it would seem a significant financial burden if I'd have to finance an apartment at Penn South while continuing paying rent for another apartment outside the co-op.

It's too bad it's difficult to better arrange current living situations without having any estimate as to when I'll be called and offered an apartment. But I hope someone can shed some insight on this. Thnx in advance!

Old 12-21-2021, 12:29 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
I'm not a resident of Penn South, so maybe you could ask for a ruling once you're living there.

But in general, the domicile for a college student attending an out-of-state college is considered to be the home state.

So even if your child is away at college, he or she is considered to be living with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery