Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2023, 04:39 PM

19 posts, read 23,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkny14 View Post
Yes, pethian! My thoughts and hope exactly
Viewed another apartment (2 BR) today...somehow still 5th in line (despite being 5th in line last go-around). Will keep you posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 07:08 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,617,231 times
How did you like this one?

Last edited by macnyc2003; 06-19-2023 at 07:54 PM..

Old 06-20-2023, 05:09 PM

59 posts, read 58,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkny14 View Post
Viewed another apartment (2 BR) today...somehow still 5th in line (despite being 5th in line last go-around). Will keep you posted.
Good luck! Different line? Different building?

Old 06-21-2023, 03:54 PM

20 posts, read 17,939 times
Default GROSS or NET?

Hey everyone!

Quick question: When Penn South calculates your income for the year, do you know if they look at GROSS or NET on your tax returns?

I know the minimum income for applicants is set at four times the annual carrying charge for the apartment...just doing some math over here! Thanks

Old 06-22-2023, 05:09 AM

23 posts, read 29,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco_ View Post
Hey everyone!

Quick question: When Penn South calculates your income for the year, do you know if they look at GROSS or NET on your tax returns?

I know the minimum income for applicants is set at four times the annual carrying charge for the apartment...just doing some math over here! Thanks
If memory serves me, I was asked for my Federal Adjusted Gross Income, found on line 19 of my NY State tax return when I qualified for the waiting list. The final review should be the same.

Old 06-22-2023, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSReidNYC View Post
If memory serves me, I was asked for my Federal Adjusted Gross Income, found on line 19 of my NY State tax return when I qualified for the waiting list. The final review should be the same.
Thanks so much JSReidNYC!! That matches up with what someone else told me yesterday. Helpful info to know as we all inch closer to the big day!

Old 06-27-2023, 06:33 AM

So it seems like Penn South's surrounding neighborhood is scheduled for EVEN MORE construction:

"NYCHA has announced a $1.5 billion plan to demolish and rebuild the Fulton and Elliott-Chelsea Houses in Chelsea. The project team expects construction to be completed in six years."

Read more here: https://newyorkyimby.com/2023/06/nyc...manhattan.html

Old 06-27-2023, 07:15 AM

Yes, I'm kind of surprised the city is going ahead with this, but I guess a private developer is involved. This will be the complex behind the building that has the restaurant Citizens of Chelsea on the ground floor. So the construction itself won't face Penn South directly, but of course will be close by.

Old 06-28-2023, 11:12 AM

Hey everyone, just letting you know that we received an offer on a 1-bedroom unit yesterday!

We viewed four units in late May and we had 7th choice of the apartments. We were only offered one unit [G line, 8th ave bet 27 & 28 street]. Honestly, it wasn't our first choice but we are EXTREMELY grateful nonetheless! I think it is tough not to get emotionally attached to the more spacious units [especially ones with the balconies!] but we know we'll be really happy here if everything works out.

The unit has brand new white cabinets, new floors [as opposed to the older parquet] and is on a high floor so it's really serene with a beautiful view.

So now the real stress begins. We have an interview coming up in a couple of weeks and we're crossing our fingers that everything goes smoothly!

So grateful to have this community. Wish us luck!

Old 06-28-2023, 01:31 PM

Great news, Bosco! The G is a great starter apartment! Plus, after living there three years, you can go on the internal list to upgrade.

I have some tips about the G line kitchen, which I can message you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery