Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2023, 07:16 AM

17 posts, read 21,016 times

Advertisements

What size studio, if you don't mind me asking? I feel like I keep seeing the smaller 2 room only ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbrury20002 View Post
Hey guys i just got the notice in the mail to go see an apartment Monday. Im super excited I cant wait Im a lost for words its a studio but i need a two bedroom later on in life Im getting older. its so crazy that Ive been following this thread for over a year and here its finally happening.How do you even get a three bedroom????? no one even talks about that. like thats needs to be talked about more. I wanted to know some contractors if possible some good workers good quality. good luck to the rest of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 03:00 PM

93 posts, read 77,028 times
Quote:
Hey guys i just got the notice in the mail to go see an apartment Monday. Im super excited I cant wait Im a lost for words its a studio but i need a two bedroom later on in life Im getting older. its so crazy that Ive been following this thread for over a year and here its finally happening.How do you even get a three bedroom????? no one even talks about that. like thats needs to be talked about more. I wanted to know some contractors if possible some good workers good quality. good luck to the rest of you.
The way it works is that you only get what you are entitled to based on your family composition. If you are a single person or a married couple you can only have a studio or one bedroom. If a couple with a child, a one bedroom or a two, etc.

You can't simply ask for what you want. I wish! I would ask for a three bedroom too lol

Old 10-03-2023, 09:16 AM

59 posts, read 56,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qns1234 View Post
What size studio, if you don't mind me asking? I feel like I keep seeing the smaller 2 room only ones.
You mean, as opposed to studios with a terrace? There are many fewer of those and people on the internal list who are upgrading get first crack at them.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:46 AM

17 posts, read 21,016 times
No, of course not. I don't even want a terrace. Just a 2.5 studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pethian View Post
You mean, as opposed to studios with a terrace? There are many fewer of those and people on the internal list who are upgrading get first crack at them.

Old 10-03-2023, 10:36 AM

4,770 posts, read 6,560,761 times
You can turn down only one or two apartments offered. Most people accept something and then transfer to what they really want after three years of residency. As a newcomer, you can’t request a certain layout in advance. Were you shown only one studio?

Old 10-07-2023, 09:45 AM

12 posts, read 11,598 times
Hey guys, i saw the apt it was small the studio i mean.I really need a one bedroom or a 2 seriously. They told me wait 3 years then I'll move on up like George and weezy. Hey i accepted it though. one of the board members said are you crazy grab it you will be living in Chelsea hello lol. It felt so refreshing though the building was spotless i could have kiss the floor. i just hope eveyone is as clean as me.

Old 10-07-2023, 03:54 PM

83 posts, read 61,721 times
Are the 2019 Studio list moving fast?

Also, for those who are on the '19 Studio list and have an apartment already, does you log have to be 1?

Old 10-07-2023, 05:53 PM

4,770 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Quote:
Hey guys, i saw the apt it was small the studio i mean.I really need a one bedroom or a 2 seriously. They told me wait 3 years then I'll move on up like George and weezy. Hey i accepted it though. one of the board members said are you crazy grab it you will be living in Chelsea hello lol. It felt so refreshing though the building was spotless i could have kiss the floor. i just hope eveyone is as clean as me.
Congrats! Wise decision. Three years go by quickly. You can spend the time researching one-bedrooms. (For a two-bedroom you would need three people in your household or else an adult brother and sister.) Then you can specify the building(s), the line(s), even the floor you want! (The more specific you are, the longer you might have to wait.)

As you approach your new studio, you will probably not want to make any changes of a permanent nature or those that are expensive.

And I love your Jeffersons reference!

Old 10-08-2023, 01:40 AM

yeah i feel like it Im in the top 20 and Im looking at apartments. What number are you?

Old 11-02-2023, 07:50 PM

has this chat ended
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery