Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 05:27 PM

23 posts, read 20,492 times

Advertisements

Hey anyone here is a Cityfheps holder ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 09:27 PM

8 posts, read 9,394 times
Default Reply email 1134 Fulton Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahjs View Post
I got an email on 9/25 from 1134 Fulton Street. The text at the top says ATTACHMENT H-8: NO UNIT AVAILABLE NOTICE. It's my first correspondence from them.

When I initially applied my income was lower so now I qualify for the 130% AMI income range. So the email is saying no unit available for 80% AMI but it says the current available units are the Studio and 1 Bedroom.

I already sent my appeal.

If anyone wants me to copy and paste what the email said let me know. It's from Susan.

CB preference
Log #: 17,XXX
I would love to see the reply email if that’s ok

Old 10-11-2020, 09:01 AM

Has anyone noticed the building in the lottery flyer is not same building when you go in person. What is that about false advertising I'm lost

Old 10-17-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyarosario7 View Post
Any updates ?
They saying there is NO 80% AMI UNITS

Old 10-19-2020, 06:55 PM

64 posts, read 60,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyarosario7 View Post
Here is the email. It was sent 9/25/2020

Dear Applicant:

We have received your application for residency in the project indicated above. Although we have reached your log number, according to the information on your application, you do not meet the current guidelines for the remaining available units.

Household size on application: 1

Income on application: 50500

The current available units are as follows:
Unit size Minimum Income
STUDIO $68,538.00
1 Bedroom $72,858.00
Your application will remain on the lottery log and you will be contacted if and when we reach your log number for any available units that correspond to your income and household size requirements.

If you believe your household qualifies for the available units listed above, you must contact this office in writing, within ten (10) business days of the sent date or postmark of this notice. You must include a copy of this notice and documents to support any updates to your application information which would now qualify you for these units.

If you are appealing on the grounds that you or another individual on the application is a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking, refer to the Notice of Rights under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), below. VAWA protections are not only available to women, but are available equally to all individuals regardless of sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.

Sincerely,

Susan Moskowits
Owner/Manager

Old 10-19-2020, 07:05 PM

I did some research on youtube and I found some videos of the apartment in this building. Here are some links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekIfa6Da5QQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSDct1PKlvM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIHlX9mlBJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn_ugI_8RlQ&t=31s (<--- this youtuber has more videos under the "Franklin Ave" name)

Old 10-20-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahjs View Post
Here is the email. It was sent 9/25/2020

Dear Applicant:

We have received your application for residency in the project indicated above. Although we have reached your log number, according to the information on your application, you do not meet the current guidelines for the remaining available units.

Household size on application: 1

Income on application: 50500

The current available units are as follows:
Unit size Minimum Income
STUDIO $68,538.00
1 Bedroom $72,858.00
Your application will remain on the lottery log and you will be contacted if and when we reach your log number for any available units that correspond to your income and household size requirements.

If you believe your household qualifies for the available units listed above, you must contact this office in writing, within ten (10) business days of the sent date or postmark of this notice. You must include a copy of this notice and documents to support any updates to your application information which would now qualify you for these units.

If you are appealing on the grounds that you or another individual on the application is a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking, refer to the Notice of Rights under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), below. VAWA protections are not only available to women, but are available equally to all individuals regardless of sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.

Sincerely,

Susan Moskowits
Owner/Manager

I got the same thing same date and all just heard back from hpd about my appeal and it seems all units for our AMI % are filled what I am not understanding is my attorney said when a log number comes up it needs to be linked with a potential unit. So why they keep doing this

Old 10-20-2020, 09:24 AM

You should appeal to HPD and ask for an audit of the units. You can ask your attorney for more information.

Old 11-19-2020, 02:24 PM

34 posts, read 42,460 times
I got emailed a log #41257. In the email it says only studio and 1 bedroom is available

Old 11-19-2020, 07:36 PM

I got an email today too. I got rejected because I am $532 under the minimum. BUT I'll be getting a raise at the end of the year so I don't know why they haven't considered that. I also get a bonus and 401K matching. Does anyone know how I can appeal at this point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery