Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2020, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,431 times

Advertisements

I got waitlist notice. As I had 2xxxx number with CB. Now I hope for another place with 2 available apts and 3## number
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 11:17 AM

8 posts, read 7,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMartin83 View Post
Hey y'all. A little update, we received the approval from HPD today. Hoping to sign the lease this wk. How is everyone doing? Anyone else get called in?
Congrats on approval! That's super exciting, they really did move rather quickly towards the end.

I submitted paperwork, took me a little over a week and I was able to ask some questions and they replied, I was surprised at that. No CB, log number 1XX.

YMartin83 - my husband is also self-employed. I submitted our bank statements, tax returns from last two years, and a letter from our accountant with his income projection for the the next year. Did they ask you for anything else? Appreciate any insight.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:18 AM

One more update - received an out of office message from Susan. She'll be out of office until Aug. 13. She provided info for Sam Rosenberg or to call the office at 718-387-4448.

Old 08-04-2020, 09:19 AM

113 posts, read 137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream23 View Post
Congrats on approval! That's super exciting, they really did move rather quickly towards the end.

I submitted paperwork, took me a little over a week and I was able to ask some questions and they replied, I was surprised at that. No CB, log number 1XX.

YMartin83 - my husband is also self-employed. I submitted our bank statements, tax returns from last two years, and a letter from our accountant with his income projection for the the next year. Did they ask you for anything else? Appreciate any insight.
They might ask for detailed explanation of the nature of his self-employment. Right before our file was sent to HPD, they requested that and my husband wrote a letter explaining exactly how he makes money and then attached the original projection from our accountant. We were approved without a hitch.

Good luck!

Old 08-04-2020, 09:59 AM

133 posts, read 142,224 times
Quote:
They might ask for detailed explanation of the nature of his self-employment. Right before our file was sent to HPD, they requested that and my husband wrote a letter explaining exactly how he makes money and then attached the original projection from our accountant. We were approved without a hitch.

Good luck!
Were you requested to provide birth certificates and sign the j1 student form before sending your files to HPD as well ?

Old 08-04-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
Were you requested to provide birth certificates and sign the j1 student form before sending your files to HPD as well ?
We don't have any children as of yet, and were not required to submit either of those.

We just signed our lease. Moving in next week. They prorated the rent so the first month covers Aug 15-9/15. On Sept 1 we'll pay half rent and then Oct 1 pay rent as indicated on our lease. Sharing this in case anyone comes across it later.

Old 08-04-2020, 12:38 PM

133 posts, read 142,224 times
Quote:
We don't have any children as of yet, and were not required to submit either of those.

We just signed our lease. Moving in next week. They prorated the rent so the first month covers Aug 15-9/15. On Sept 1 we'll pay half rent and then Oct 1 pay rent as indicated on our lease. Sharing this in case anyone comes across it later.
Oh Ok, I don't have children, but I thought that they would request birth certificates from every applicant, the J1 form is to verify that the applicant is not a student, they may have requested that one due to my age, but still, it is really odd that they haven't requested your birth certificate :S

Old 08-04-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Good luck!
Ah got it, this is helpful, thank you! And wow you're moving in so soon, that's amazing. Glad they did the pro-rated rent too. Enjoy your beautiful apartment!

Old 08-04-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
Oh Ok, I don't have children, but I thought that they would request birth certificates from every applicant, the J1 form is to verify that the applicant is not a student, they may have requested that one due to my age, but still, it is really odd that they haven't requested your birth certificate :S
I guess since we submitted state IDs during the paperwork phase, they didn't require it...idk

Old 08-04-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream23 View Post
Ah got it, this is helpful, thank you! And wow you're moving in so soon, that's amazing. Glad they did the pro-rated rent too. Enjoy your beautiful apartment!
Yes, we opted to move in on the 15th since our current landlord is waiting for us to move to put the house on the market. Plus, we just want some peace and quiet without worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery