Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 10:41 AM

515 posts, read 525,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Anybody get a log number yet on the new site? If so, where do you find them? Will it appear on the dashboard somewhere? I had a couple of lotteries just close, and while I don't expect the log numbers yet I don't know where to look when they do come out.
Log numbers are not being posted on the new site yet for any lottery.
At this moment when the lottery closes you'll receive an email asking for documents to be uploaded if you chosen, that's the only way to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 10:56 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
At this moment when the lottery closes you'll receive an email asking for documents to be uploaded if you chosen, that's the only way to know.
Thanks... Hmm, not sure that's the greatest system, you don't know whether to be hopeful or to move on quickly, lol.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:14 AM

105 posts, read 126,048 times
I was contacted by Reside New York for 1214 Greene Avenue to submit documentation. I recently won a lottery apartment so I wont be submitting anything. This new system is not transparent at all and Reside New York sucks. All of my previous experience with them have been horrible.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:53 AM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
I don't see how a "new and improved" website wouldn't allow applicants to see their log numbers! That's crazy!

Yes, the pretty photos and the floor plans on the new site are nice. But I agree with domino that it's not transparent at all and a huge step backward.

I'm hoping that the site coders are working on it!

Old 10-23-2020, 10:23 AM

21 posts, read 41,529 times
So we dont get to see any log numbers...great..

Old 10-27-2020, 05:26 PM

394 posts, read 569,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
Thank you for this. I was begining to wonder what would happen next once the lottery posting closes. I really hope that the process would be sooner that 3-7 months which i have read is a normal turn around time.

Old 11-30-2020, 02:51 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,115 times
Just got my first request for documents through the new portal - it sent an email, although it also shows action required on my dashboard. Thing is that it is either a re-rental or apartment that never got filled after a couple of years, and I never even applied to the lottery for it. It was for 876 Bergen Street - only has 1 bedroom apartments and rent is not affordable for me at all - $2415/mo.! (for a 1 bed) Plus it is not really a location upgrade, so I am giving it a pass.

Ironically, as I have been writing this I got an email for documents for 346 Bergen St. which was the next to last one I applied to on the old Housing Connect - this one I am interested in!

Last edited by popartist; 11-30-2020 at 03:22 PM..

Old 11-30-2020, 03:05 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,860,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Just got my first request for documents through the new portal - it sent an email, although it also shows action required on my dashboard. Thing is that it is either a re-rental or apartment that never got filled after a couple of years, and I never even applied to the lottery for it. It was for 846 Bergen Street - only has 1 bedroom apartments and rent is not affordable for me at all - $2415/mo.! (for a 1 bed) Plus it is not really a location upgrade, so I am giving it a pass.

Ironically, as I have been writing this I got an email for documents for 346 Bergen St. which was the next to last one I applied to on the old Housing Connect - this one I am interested in!
I actually got an email for one in Bedstuy a couple days, one bedroom, balcony and in unit washer dryer (talk about score) and there were only 3 one bedroom apartments. Rent is almost $400 cheaper than what I pay now. I decided to withdraw my application though, I can’t get past the convenience of where I am. I know we still have close to 6weeks before the one I really wants closes

Old 12-02-2020, 09:43 AM

149 posts, read 192,905 times
28-22 Astoria Blvd was added to my dashboard. As I click lottery details, it reads: "You have been selected to be considered for a re-rental unit in this development. Please see the project detail below and respond to the document request if you are interested."

It's a surprise and hopefully not a glitch. Is there any connection to NYCHA application which I sent (N8, W1 = no chances, of course)? I doubt the system is that sophisticated, although it could be. However, the status of that is Lottery Application Submittted.

Old 12-02-2020, 04:32 PM

149 posts, read 192,905 times
In other news, I officially reached the new heights of anxiety as today on the dashboard the status of an application changed to "Review Complete: Your application review is complete. The marketing agent will contact you with more instructions." and of course I haven't heard anything so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery