Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 05:16 PM

15 posts, read 20,854 times

Advertisements

I also got the same message! so weird. I'm guessing it might be a glitch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2020, 09:07 PM

28 posts, read 46,560 times
What is even the point of applying for these rentals anymore? The rents are so insanely high. Apartments for salary range starting at $76k going for $2200 per month. It's ridiculous.

I've got management companies from old lotteries begging me (via email) to come check out their great apartments with 1 month free rent. But still the rents are hugely expensive.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:00 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,044,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imelda72 View Post
What is even the point of applying for these rentals anymore? The rents are so insanely high. Apartments for salary range starting at $76k going for $2200 per month. It's ridiculous.

I've got management companies from old lotteries begging me (via email) to come check out their great apartments with 1 month free rent. But still the rents are hugely expensive.
Yeah, I've gotten a few emails from buildings I never even applied for offering apartments but they are more than I want/can pay and/or don't make sense for me as far as size or location.

Old 12-04-2020, 12:35 PM

149 posts, read 195,211 times
The best Friday joke ever.

I aksed: I noticed that the status of the application on the portal dashboard changed to: Review Complete (Your application review is complete. The marketing agent will contact you with more instructions.) Is this information correct...?

Reply: The housing connect portal is experiencing glitches. Please check with me regarding any notifications you receive from the portal. Your file is still in process. There is still lower log numbers that need to be disposed before your file can be approved. We would contact when there is any updates...

Old 12-04-2020, 02:34 PM

248 posts, read 405,454 times
I also have found numerous applications made for lotteries I never would have applied for myself. I'm looking at maybe 8 of them right now on my dashboard that I know I didn't apply for because they're in Brooklyn and I prefer to stay in Queens or Manhattan.

The whole new site is glitchy and unwieldly. I actually would prefer to go back to the old site. The only advantage I see to the new site is the photos, but they don't even load most of the time so what's the point?

Old 12-07-2020, 11:14 AM

They added some more to mine today, but I already live in a better spot in the same general neighborhood so am going to withdraw my "application". The only one of the added ones I am keeping open is VIA 57, I'm no fool.

Old 12-07-2020, 04:23 PM

48 posts, read 64,243 times
Hey

In regards to apartments auto applying - i found out there's a setting for it to auto apply to re-rentals that fit your criteria.

If you dont want it to auto apply, its under " my household" -> "housing choices" and you should see it saying interested in re-rentals or resales?.

Old 12-07-2020, 05:29 PM

Yeah, well I'll keep it open, never know when a good one might appear.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:24 PM

48 posts, read 64,243 times
Yeah,

I'll keep it open too. Just wanted to clarify for people that think it's a glitch when it's not. you also adjust to which area you would want to auto apply too.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:12 PM

111 posts, read 87,714 times
This new portal would be amazing if it gives us our log number and also shows what log numbers are currently being processed. I think that feature would be very beneficial to us applicants since we will be able to see where we stand as we wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery