Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 04:45 PM

253 posts, read 218,044 times

Advertisements

That I forgot to mention she had to remove me because they wouldn’t process her request since the housing she’s being transferred to requires every one to be 65+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 07:01 AM

51 posts, read 74,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
Yea that I’m just nervous because I live in the area but my mom had to remove me off her lease because she’s putting in an application to be transferred to a senior housing but is delaying it until I find a place and the only thing she could provide me is a notarized letter saying I have been living with her
That should be fine, i'm sure you'll get it

Old 02-08-2021, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,573 times
Do they do a credit check on only people their interested in or on everyone that applies whether you get pick for the apartment or not?

Old 02-08-2021, 02:04 PM

51 posts, read 74,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatyourveggies88 View Post
Do they do a credit check on only people their interested in or on everyone that applies whether you get pick for the apartment or not?
You have the option to submit a credit check of 6 months of bank statements upon request. Google the HPD handbook

Old 02-09-2021, 10:30 AM

So if you don’t want to do a credit check can you just submit bank statements

Old 02-09-2021, 11:15 AM

17 posts, read 20,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
So if you don’t want to do a credit check can you just submit bank statements
No, you have the option to either submit to a credit check or submit proof that you've paid your full rent for the past 12 months.

As far as bank statements, you have to submit those no matter what.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:59 PM

Would anyone know if they would accept a electronic notary that due to Covid my mom isn’t able to travel outside the home so I had to do it by video call but the notary was from another state

Old 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM

45 posts, read 72,750 times
I was contacted two weeks ago about this development because the address with which I applied is a community-board address. Hence, they requested documents from me and I submitted them via email over the course of a few days (bank statements, proof of employment and income, identification, etc). However, afterwards I explained that I no longer live at the community-board address with which I applied and provided them with proof of my current address; I didn't know that this was a factor in their decision to contact me. They subsequently informed me that my application has been placed in the general-applicant pool.

My log number is between 3000 and 3100. Is there a chance that they will contact me again?

Old 02-18-2021, 11:08 PM

6 posts, read 9,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Apple's Seed View Post
I was contacted two weeks ago about this development because the address with which I applied is a community-board address. Hence, they requested documents from me and I submitted them via email over the course of a few days (bank statements, proof of employment and income, identification, etc). However, afterwards I explained that I no longer live at the community-board address with which I applied and provided them with proof of my current address; I didn't know that this was a factor in their decision to contact me. They subsequently informed me that my application has been placed in the general-applicant pool.

My log number is between 3000 and 3100. Is there a chance that they will contact me again?
Did you ask if they could take you formally living in the community board into consideration? Do you know what number the log numbers go up to? Also, you could check previous post to see how ppl in your number bracket are coming along.
Fingers crossed you’ll get a call back soon. Keep us posted!

Old 02-18-2021, 11:39 PM

45 posts, read 72,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Back Ribs View Post
Did you ask if they could take you formally living in the community board into consideration? Do you know what number the log numbers go up to? Also, you could check previous post to see how ppl in your number bracket are coming along.
Fingers crossed you’ll get a call back soon. Keep us posted!
Did you intend to write "formerly" rather than "formally"? If so, then yes, I did ask if it mattered that I formerly lived in the community; I was told that what matters is whether or not I currently live there. By the way, the community board address is my parents and younger sibling's address, which is why I still use it as a mailing address; I'm not on the lease there and I didn't want to ask my parents to falsely claim that I live there.

Also, I do not know the highest log number in their applicant pool. However, the agent with whom I was communicating via email explicitly stated that when they begin processing applications for general applicants, they will do so according to log number. I don't know whether or not that's good or bad for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery