Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2022, 02:30 PM

30 posts, read 30,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
Yes I’m in a J apartment sadly I’m just over it living here I’m waiting for another building to finish processing my stuff to move out for the past year being here I’ve had nothing but anxiety and high levels of depression living here I ended up getting called for a apartment in the Williamsburg area so I’m ready to just leave that atleast over there I have parking
Sucks that you hate it here its a little far from everything but i like the fact its a new building
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 07:56 AM

27 posts, read 23,918 times
Has anyone used a voucher like section 8 to move into this building?

Old 04-27-2022, 10:14 AM

253 posts, read 217,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfecker View Post
Sucks that you hate it here its a little far from everything but i like the fact its a new building
Yea it’s a new building but sadly now that there’s more people it’s bringing other unwanted guest (roaches) I’m like thank god I haven’t had to request that since I clean every day but it’s like this building is new it shouldn’t be breaking apart and they already violated their lease agreement saying we are entitled to parking but now won’t give it that I already have a lawyer looking at this because even a friend of mine who works for HUD said if it’s offered they aren’t able to change the agreement saying they will be giving it to the gym because right now looking for parking is insane I’ve spent 5 hours going around until I gave up and slept in the car or I’ve parked in my old area and have walked 8 blocks

Old 04-29-2022, 07:11 PM

3 posts, read 4,192 times
Am I the only person in this building experiencing noise from an upstairs neighbor? I didn’t know I had it so good until they moved in around December. The first six months were so peaceful, so blissful, and then one Saturday night at 2am I heard the biggest bangs, like 400lbs dumbbells falling 8x’s in a row. I hear when they flush. I hear when they knock things over. I hear the child run up and down like a maniac, stomping on the floor. From the time I come home from work to midnight, even 4 am I hear them. EVERY. DAY. And it’s never music, just their body weight.

And I have thought going up to them to say something, but when I do, I know my mouth is gonna become reckless.

I have to reach out to management to file a formal noise complaint to get them to stop because my sanity is at the end of the rope.

Old 05-03-2022, 03:52 PM

31 posts, read 41,725 times
This lottery is taking forever i won this lottery and another one and i applied to that lottery the other day and got approved the only reason im not taking it is because i don’t want to pay 2250 for. One bedroom

Old 05-03-2022, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbleek718 View Post
This lottery is taking forever i won this lottery and another one and i applied to that lottery the other day and got approved the only reason im not taking it is because i don’t want to pay 2250 for. One bedroom
I agree I was approved 2 weeks ago and still haven’t heard anything from them

Old 05-04-2022, 07:09 AM

30 posts, read 30,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfaze23 View Post
I agree I was approved 2 weeks ago and still haven’t heard anything from them
im guessing they short staffed again cuz theres no reason this building shouldnt be filled up by now

Old 05-04-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfecker View Post
im guessing they short staffed again cuz theres no reason this building shouldnt be filled up by now
I’m really contemplating reporting them because this is ridiculous!

Old 05-04-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynthad View Post
Am I the only person in this building experiencing noise from an upstairs neighbor? I didn’t know I had it so good until they moved in around December. The first six months were so peaceful, so blissful, and then one Saturday night at 2am I heard the biggest bangs, like 400lbs dumbbells falling 8x’s in a row. I hear when they flush. I hear when they knock things over. I hear the child run up and down like a maniac, stomping on the floor. From the time I come home from work to midnight, even 4 am I hear them. EVERY. DAY. And it’s never music, just their body weight.

And I have thought going up to them to say something, but when I do, I know my mouth is gonna become reckless.

I have to reach out to management to file a formal noise complaint to get them to stop because my sanity is at the end of the rope.
I’m sorry your going through that and yea if management doesn’t care about packages they do not care about noises that I wouldn’t waste my time and if you live in the lower floors your gonna hear more than that I find the higher floors to be less noise

Old 05-04-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfaze23 View Post
I’m really contemplating reporting them because this is ridiculous!
Reporting doesn’t do much I reported them and I was told I shouldn’t have moved here if I was going to complain sadly and I’m now waiting to move to a better location that I was called for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery