Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 01:08 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,897,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3n3y View Post
I’ve been living in La Central for almost a year and a half and these buildings have gone to s##t. All common spaces such as community rooms, computer rooms, and children’s play rooms are off limits for every tenant indefinitely. Management has never made these rooms available to anyone since the building has opened. Half of the washers and dryers are broken most of the time. Packages go missing 100% percent of the time from the package rooms. Management refuses to do anything about the situation and have sent out notices saying, they are not responsible for missing packages. Management also refuses to check security footage to catch the culprits. They say you need a police report for them to check footage. Maintenance is almost nonexistent. The porters mop the floors MAYBE once a week. The building hallway walls have never seen a lick of paint since I’ve moved in. Since there is a lot of foot traffic going and coming in the building, homeless people and junkies find their way in and sleep in the stairwells and trash rooms. Management refuses to hire 24/7 lobby attendants. They have a guard on duty during night shift only on random days of the month. I know these issues happen in most affordable housing developments but you would think management would take the initiative to keep the buildings safe and clean. I guess all we can do is be grateful we have a roof over our heads because these issues will continue as long as we have people who don’t know how to act. I have to admit, I don’t blame management for removing access to all common spaces but it sucks for those people who actually deserve to enjoy everything the building has to offer.
they gotta protect their investment. if people knew how to act, you'd have access.
have they started construction on the other buildings yet? i havent walked on Bergen in a while
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2023, 02:53 PM

35 posts, read 19,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
they gotta protect their investment. if people knew how to act, you'd have access.
have they started construction on the other buildings yet? i havent walked on Bergen in a while
No construction yet. I probably won’t be here long to witness it anyway. Living here sucks. I hope hpd approves me for Estela apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery