Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 05:38 PM

248 posts, read 402,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Aha, got it! This is my first lottery that I've been following through & the only lottery I applied thru Housing Connect 2.0 so I'm not so sure how they work on the new site now.

Also, I noticed the log# from the new site has 20 digits long & I only knew my log# when I got email from the website to notify me that I'm selected to submit my paperwork as a proof that I'm qualified.
I haven't been told my log number in any of the lotteries I've been contacted for yet. Some of the application numbers have been 8 digits. I have seen others here say their log numbers are typical 1-5 digit log numbers however. Haven't seen any others with 20 digit log numbers yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 07:49 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times
You will see it when you get an email from Housing Connect 2.0 telling you to submit documents on the lottery that you apply, they call it 'Lottery application number', mine for this lottery is 972xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. I just read another thread in this forum & I learned from some members who got an email from Housing Connect 2.0 to submit documents for some lottery mentioned their log# is only three digits. I looked at mine again, I think I understand now, my log# is the last three digits of my lottery application number. If that's the case, my log# for this lottery is 4xx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyBiscuits View Post
I haven't been told my log number in any of the lotteries I've been contacted for yet. Some of the application numbers have been 8 digits. I have seen others here say their log numbers are typical 1-5 digit log numbers however. Haven't seen any others with 20 digit log numbers yet.

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 05-16-2021 at 09:15 PM..

Old 05-17-2021, 05:36 AM

325 posts, read 394,183 times
Quote:
You will see it when you get an email from Housing Connect 2.0 telling you to submit documents on the lottery that you apply, they call it 'Lottery application number', mine for this lottery is 972xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. I just read another thread in this forum & I learned from some members who got an email from Housing Connect 2.0 to submit documents for some lottery mentioned their log# is only three digits. I looked at mine again, I think I understand now, my log# is the last three digits of my lottery application number. If that's the case, my log# for this lottery is 4xx.
No, the last four digits of your application number is not your log #. I just checked mine from multiple developments and that wasnt the case. You can email your marketing agent for your log# if you haven't received a welcome email with your log #.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janexstasy View Post
No, the last four digits of your application number is not your log #. I just checked mine from multiple developments and that wasnt the case. You can email your marketing agent for your log# if you haven't received a welcome email with your log #.
Thanks for letting me know! I don’t think Breaking Ground ever sent me a welcome email. On 5/4, I received an email from Housing Connect 2.0 requesting documents so I submitted my paperwork through the portal the same day. On 5/12, the leasing manager emailed me asking for more documents & sending a couple of forms to fill out & sign, we were emailing back & forth till 5/14 but she never mentioned anything about my log#. Even when I filled out & signed my eligibility questionnaire/interview packet & R-5 form to choose whether I go for 12 months rent payment history or credit check & to authorize HPD to verify my employment, my log# wasn’t stated anywhere. Perhaps I should ask when I send a follow up email later.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:15 AM

I sent an email to the leasing manager asking about my log# & she was very responsive. She told me my log# for this lottery is 2xx

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthepen View Post
Can someone be provide log number range they have contacted thus far ?

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 05-17-2021 at 08:47 AM..

Old 05-17-2021, 09:33 AM

325 posts, read 394,183 times
Quote:
I sent an email to the leasing manager asking about my log# & she was very responsive. She told me my log# for this lottery is 2xx
Amazing! That's a great log # - Good luck!!

Old 05-17-2021, 12:29 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

First time posting in here, been following this forum for a few days now because I got picked for this lottery (222 E 44th St. Phase II on Housing Connect 2.0 site) & the marketing agent sent me an email requesting my documents on May 4th. I submitted my documents online thru my account on Housing Connect 2.0 site. Then I was back & forth via email with them because they asked me to submit more paperwork & yesterday was finally completed.

I'm eligible for both studio & 1BR but the agent said for my log they currently only have studios, I wonder how they determined this? Anyway, I said fine. Further, the agent said if approved for a unit, they will schedule me for unit viewing & then sign the lease. This all happened yesterday (5/14) so I don't know when I will hear from them again.

At this stage, what are the chances being rejected? This is my first time in following through the process of the housing lottery so anyone who is willing to share their experience will be very appreciated, thanks.
That's determined by how many other people they (the developer) are processing with lower log numbers who are ahead of you.

In any case, good luck! You will definitely be shown a unit!

Old 05-17-2021, 12:57 PM

Got it! I told them though that my preference is 1BR but if the availability is only studios, I don't mind. However, I learned the Summit has two types of studios, alcove & studio, so I said I want to get an alcove. Let's see what unit they assign for me.

Thank you for the good wishes! I'm crossing my fingers too to get this one, the lease manager said she will update me later in the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That's determined by how many other people they (the developer) are processing with lower log numbers who are ahead of you.

In any case, good luck! You will definitely be shown a unit!
Quote:
Amazing! That's a great log # - Good luck!!

Old 05-17-2021, 01:05 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Got it! I told them though that my preference is 1BR but if the availability is only studios, I don't mind. However, I learned the Summit has two types of studios, alcove & studio, so I said I want to get an alcove. Let's see what unit they assign for me.

Thank you for the good wishes! I'm crossing my fingers too to get this one, the lease manager said she will update me later in the week
The alcove's are really nice. The ones that are not that nice are the shoebox studios because they are very small. But, even if you get a shoebox studio, you can still take advantage of the building's amenities.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:20 PM

The amenities are fabulous! I won't be surprised if the tenants have to pay membership fee to use them, hopefully it won't cost an arm & leg. But, by having w/d in the unit is a plus already for me, not to mention my work is just a walking distance from the Summit, I can just wake up & crawl to the office!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The alcove's are really nice. The ones that are not that nice are the shoebox studios because they are very small. But, even if you get a shoebox studio, you can still take advantage of the building's amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery