Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 07:50 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,854,814 times

Advertisements

Thanks for this! Breaking Ground submitted my TIC to HPD on 5/24 but also no words from them as yet.

FYI - You can actually check & download your TIC that was prepared by Breaking Ground in your account on Housing Connect 2.0. They uploaded it over there along with the documents that you initially submitted. That's how I knew when Breaking Ground submitted my TIC to HPD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRyRy View Post
Hey, as of Monday, HPD still hasn't approved it yet. I submitted everything and did the Docusign 5/18 so they should have submitted on the same day or next day probably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 10:11 AM

15 posts, read 13,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Thanks for this! Breaking Ground submitted my TIC to HPD on 5/24 but also no words from them as yet.

FYI - You can actually check & download your TIC that was prepared by Breaking Ground in your account on Housing Connect 2.0. They uploaded it over there along with the documents that you initially submitted. That's how I knew when Breaking Ground submitted my TIC to HPD.
Ok cool thanks- I didn't see that they uploaded it there! Yep, they uploaded mine on 5/18. Do you know how long it will take for HPD to approve?

Old 05-28-2021, 10:14 AM

I just got an update from the leasing manager that they are still waiting for HPD's approval. Once HPD approved, they will provide instructions regarding the lease signing. As for the first month rent & one month security deposit payments, they only accept money orders & we don't need to make any payment until the day we pick up the keys.

Quote:
Ok cool thanks- I didn't see that they uploaded it there! Yep, they uploaded mine on 5/18. Do you know how long it will take for HPD to approve?

Old 06-03-2021, 05:25 PM

Hey-have you heard anything on the updates on HPD approval to your file? Also, have you seen the unit assigned to you yet? If so, how do you like it?

Quote:

Old 06-07-2021, 02:22 PM

15 posts, read 13,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Hey-have you heard anything on the updates on HPD approval to your file? Also, have you seen the unit assigned to you yet? If so, how do you like it?
Hey, yea I went to see the unit and building last week. Building and amenities are super nice and I'm fine with the room layout but was disappointed with the views since I was on the 9th Fl. The property manager told me the housing units were spread out until like the (38th FL??) or something but we are unable to request or change our assigned units.

I actually turned it down today partly due to the above and the additional amenities fees. I estimated that total monthly payments for everything would be ~2.2-2.3k which is more than what I want to pay. I'm holding out hope for a couple other lotteries.

I haven't heard back from HPD as of today. Good luck with the rest of your process! Hope you like the building!

Old 06-07-2021, 02:34 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,064,486 times
Quote:
Hey, yea I went to see the unit and building last week. Building and amenities are super nice and I'm fine with the room layout but was disappointed with the views since I was on the 9th Fl. The property manager told me the housing units were spread out until like the (38th FL??) or something but we are unable to request or change our assigned units.

I actually turned it down today partly due to the above and the additional amenities fees. I estimated that total monthly payments for everything would be ~2.2-2.3k which is more than what I want to pay. I'm holding out hope for a couple other lotteries.

I haven't heard back from HPD as of today. Good luck with the rest of your process! Hope you like the building!
Were the views really that bad? Also was it a studio or 1 bedroom?

Good luck on the other lotteries. Personally, I’m hoping for 1 Boerum

Old 06-07-2021, 02:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, you know what you want better than others, I hope you will get other chances that are much better later.

HPD really takes their time to approve the TICs from this lottery, I have not heard anything yet from the agent.

Thanks! I personally really like this building, I've been following its development since it was still a parking lot! Not to mention it's so close to my work, I'm really happy when I got picked for this lottery.

Quote:

Old 06-07-2021, 04:06 PM

248 posts, read 405,018 times
As an aside, this building features prominently in the Showtime series Billions in a scene where Mike Prince is playing basketball with (I think) Dominique Williams on the Summit court. It's in stark contrast to a netless alley hoop in downtrodden Yonkers, demonstrating the unfathomable income disparity between the billionaire rivals and the everyday folks.

I'd probably take the bad view just to be 3 blocks from work, but I wouldn't take a studio with a bad view.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:15 PM

68 posts, read 67,938 times
ugh. How can I find my log number on the new site?

Old 06-07-2021, 05:20 PM

I had to ask the leasing manager of Breaking Ground about my log # after they verified all of the requirements prior to my TIC submission to HPD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsthatthere View Post
ugh. How can I find my log number on the new site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery