Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 10:03 PM

15 posts, read 13,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Hey-any luck with scheduling to view the unit that is assigned for you yet?

I just got the paperwork that I need to sign for HPD approval today through DocuSign. They also already assigned a unit for me & they invited me to unit tour this Wednesday

When I asked about that move-in date that they put in the paper, they said it's just for HPD approval, I will have a chance to choose when I wanna move in then signing the lease. I have to give them my first month rent & one-month security deposit when I pick up the keys.
Hey yep they told me the same thing. I actually scheduled it for next week because that's my earliest availability due to work. Guess you will actually get to see it first. Let us know how it is!

Also there's no other availability of looking at other units- just the one that's assigned to you so it just depends whether you like it or not. Also, amenities are $161 a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 08:52 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,856,599 times
Yeah, the leasing manager also told me, take it or leave it, no other option, I will see & hope I will like it!

I asked about the amenities & yes, the monthly fee is $161 - I wouldn't mind paying provided the affordable housing tenants will be treated equally in using the amenities. I will ask the building manager about it during the unit viewing today, if he said there will be different treatment from the market rate tenants, I may have to opt-out. Not interested to spend additional $1932 annually for some drama & BS!

I will share my impression after the viewing today with pictures/video if any

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRyRy View Post
Hey yep they told me the same thing. I actually scheduled it for next week because that's my earliest availability due to work. Guess you will actually get to see it first. Let us know how it is!

Also there's no other availability of looking at other units- just the one that's assigned to you so it just depends whether you like it or not. Also, amenities are $161 a month.

Old 05-26-2021, 03:33 PM

Today I had a unit view on the studio that was assigned for me. To my surprise, it wasn't as tiny as what I saw in the pictures & videos. Their closets were quite spacious too with high ceiling. I'm in love with its kitchen & bathroom! My unit windows are not overlooking those tall buildings but overall, I'm happy with it so I decided to accept the offer! As promised, here are some pictures that I took today: https://imgur.com/a/ogqj8cO

I'm still waiting for HPD approval & as for the move-in date/leasing start date, the leasing manager said they will give me 30 days period to break my lease with my current apartment.

FYI - When I asked about the amenities fee, the building manager said it's $166.50/month, not $161. I informed Breaking Ground leasing manager about this & she will check with her supervisor again about it. The building manager was very friendly, she said all tenants who pay amenities fee will have equal treatment in using the amenities which is good to know! Further she said, tenants of course can opt-out but once we sign up for amenities we can't opt-out until our leasing expired.

Old 05-26-2021, 03:55 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Congratulations on a great lottery win!

The apartment is indeed beautiful, enjoy!

Old 05-26-2021, 03:59 PM

248 posts, read 405,454 times
Congrats on the sweet studio! High ceilings are key - they make smaller spaces seem less closed in. And all of the appliances and sweet shower fixtures are icing on the cake.

If the pool isn't always packed with kids, I would personally pay the amenities fee to use the pool. Maybe like I do with HBO - a few months here and there.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Today I had a unit view on the studio that was assigned for me. To my surprise, it wasn't as tiny as what I saw in the pictures & videos. Their closets were quite spacious too with high ceiling. I'm in love with its kitchen & bathroom! My unit windows are not overlooking those tall buildings but overall, I'm happy with it so I decided to accept the offer! As promised, here are some pictures that I took today: https://imgur.com/a/ogqj8cO

I'm still waiting for HPD approval & as for the move-in date/leasing start date, the leasing manager said they will give me 30 days period to break my lease with my current apartment.

FYI - When I asked about the amenities fee, the building manager said it's $166.50/month, not $161. I informed Breaking Ground leasing manager about this & she will check with her supervisor again about it. The building manager was very friendly, she said all tenants who pay amenities fee will have equal treatment in using the amenities which is good to know! Further she said, tenants of course can opt-out but once we sign up for amenities we can't opt-out until our leasing expired.
Hey congrats! Glad you liked it. Yeah, I was curious about the city views as my assigned unit was the 9th fl. and I would rather have a higher fl. but I guess yours didn't look too bad. Which fl. is that if you don't mind me asking? Besides from that everything else looks great!

Yea, I expect to get the same treatment for the amenities as the market rate tenants but I'm somewhat concerned about the usage of the basketball court (and maybe gym). According to some Google reviews and other reviews online, some pro basketball players and trainers come in and get priority over the residents whenever they feel like training.

Do you know how the leasing/ leasing periods work for these housing lotteries? This is my first one.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:13 PM

325 posts, read 396,452 times
Quote:
today i had a unit view on the studio that was assigned for me. To my surprise, it wasn't as tiny as what i saw in the pictures & videos. Their closets were quite spacious too with high ceiling. I'm in love with its kitchen & bathroom! My unit windows are not overlooking those tall buildings but overall, i'm happy with it so i decided to accept the offer! as promised, here are some pictures that i took today: https://imgur.com/a/ogqj8co

i'm still waiting for hpd approval & as for the move-in date/leasing start date, the leasing manager said they will give me 30 days period to break my lease with my current apartment.

Fyi - when i asked about the amenities fee, the building manager said it's $166.50/month, not $161. I informed breaking ground leasing manager about this & she will check with her supervisor again about it. The building manager was very friendly, she said all tenants who pay amenities fee will have equal treatment in using the amenities which is good to know! Further she said, tenants of course can opt-out but once we sign up for amenities we can't opt-out until our leasing expired.
congrats!!!

Old 05-27-2021, 06:01 AM

Thank you!!! This is my first housing lottery that I've been following through & I'm grateful I've made it this far. I haven't gotten any approval from HPD yet so I'm still crossing my fingers on this

I may pay the amenities fee if I end up moving in, I'm not a sport person so I'm not really concerned about the gym, basketball court, or swimming pool. There are other things that I can enjoy by paying the amenities, that building has so much to offer!

I asked the building manager about the leasing terms, she said the tenant will be given a year lease as an initial, then after than they will have option one or two year when they renew the lease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Congratulations on a great lottery win!

The apartment is indeed beautiful, enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyBiscuits View Post
Congrats on the sweet studio! High ceilings are key - they make smaller spaces seem less closed in. And all of the appliances and sweet shower fixtures are icing on the cake.

If the pool isn't always packed with kids, I would personally pay the amenities fee to use the pool. Maybe like I do with HBO - a few months here and there.
Quote:
Hey congrats! Glad you liked it. Yeah, I was curious about the city views as my assigned unit was the 9th fl. and I would rather have a higher fl. but I guess yours didn't look too bad. Which fl. is that if you don't mind me asking? Besides from that everything else looks great!

Yea, I expect to get the same treatment for the amenities as the market rate tenants but I'm somewhat concerned about the usage of the basketball court (and maybe gym). According to some Google reviews and other reviews online, some pro basketball players and trainers come in and get priority over the residents whenever they feel like training.

Do you know how the leasing/ leasing periods work for these housing lotteries? This is my first one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janexstasy View Post
congrats!!!

Old 05-27-2021, 05:16 PM

Hey-I was wondering, has HPD approved your TIC yet? If I'm not mistaken, Breaking Ground submitted it on 5/18, no?

Quote:
Yep! The Docusign stuff was sent yesterday 5/18. They first requested for more information on 5/12, so it was pretty quick. The unit they assigned was a studio with alcove I believe based on other layouts for similar units I found online. I also realized afterwards when I looked over the docs that they put a effective/move-in date on there in late July. Yep I'll definitely update about the viewing.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Hey-I was wondering, has HPD approved your TIC yet? If I'm not mistaken, Breaking Ground submitted it on 5/18, no?
Hey, as of Monday, HPD still hasn't approved it yet. I submitted everything and did the Docusign 5/18 so they should have submitted on the same day or next day probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery