Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 03:15 PM

27 posts, read 20,924 times

Advertisements

@rnt2dh i thought you were in 5pointz LIC or the LIC area? greenpoint seems to be nice and quiet but transportation doesn’t seem too great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2022, 03:47 PM

412 posts, read 594,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondHands View Post
@rnt2dh i thought you were in 5pointz LIC or the LIC area? greenpoint seems to be nice and quiet but transportation doesn’t seem too great.
I am. I have to move and I'm trying to stay in the area. Hunters Point/Greenpoint. I do like Greenpoint and since I work in FiDi I can take the ferry once they repair the pier.

I ranted about the layouts at 5P and didn't bother applying. Waiting to see if Center Blvd would call me but you never know with the lottery system if and when.

Old 04-02-2022, 08:38 PM

@rnt2dh Some of the 5P ones aren't that bad in my opinion and it is cheaper than TBS! 5P is $2295 a month whereas TBS is $2542

Old 04-02-2022, 08:43 PM

also @rnt2dh did you get to view the apartments at TBS already?

Old 04-03-2022, 09:50 PM

84 posts, read 65,670 times
They reached out to me during the week to see a studio. I went to go see it today. Apparently there are no more 1 bedrooms left so I was kind of bummed out but I still wanted to see it.

The walk from the G train is a bit annoying because I’m thinking of winter/bad weather. I was told I could also walk across the bridge to catch the 7. Probably a 10-15 min walk as well.

Didn’t really care for the area as I didn’t really see any grocery stores or anything like that.

The building itself is BEAUTIFUL! Amenities are amazing but you have to pay for EVERYTHING which is a bit annoying since you’re paying that much for rent. Expected more from the pool (I like to swim) so that was meh but I love that it’s by the water.

Honestly, thinking long term… if you’re a social person, I’d say to go for it. I saw some REALLY nice cars parked in the garages which means some people with $$$ live there. Make the connections and enjoy the area as much as you can. Kitchen and bathroom are GORGEOUS. Bathroom is spacious. It’s an alcove-type studio. Probably can fit a full, a small couch and a small table. I don’t really see where you can set up a dresser unless it’s by the wall and you’d just have to put a tv on there.

I will say… I don’t really see how you can have friends in your apartment ������ like it’s a decent size but idk. Maybe 1 friend but you can definitely have them chill in the various spaces in the building.

This management apparently has another building called Eagle & West that they’re looking to complete this year. The amenities look way better (sounds crazy but they have an indoor and outdoor pool + sauna & stuff like that). It will also be on the affordable housing list from what I saw so I think I want to look out for that.

Honestly, if they had more 1 bedrooms, I would just jump at it but the fact that it’s a studio has me a bit hesitant.

Old 04-06-2022, 11:43 AM

5 posts, read 3,978 times
Just wanted to follow up and ask if anyone recently gotten the 2 months free when they signed for the apartment?

Old 04-06-2022, 07:00 PM

412 posts, read 594,001 times
Not sure about the 2 months but they did advertise it, plus some additional perks in the marketing email once your log is reached.

No more 1 beds available.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:15 AM

5 posts, read 3,978 times
Strange I never got a "marketing email" that listed any perks. I'm set up for a tour today and just wanted to get some tips on things I should watch out for. Any help is appreciated!

Old 04-08-2022, 08:30 AM

@chanksyou I would suggest you ask if there are any 1bd again and to check if there is any water damage or leaks throughout the apartment, there was a news article in the past about random leaks. and a good thing to do would be to time the amount of time it takes for you to walk to the G or 7.

Old 04-10-2022, 01:18 PM

@chanksyou, did they offer you only studios or also 1bd apartments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery