Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2022, 02:41 PM

23 posts, read 22,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny_G_70 View Post
I submitted my documents the minute I received the email. Shortly after that, I received an email for an interview. When I arrived at the interview she said it's really not an interview just to drop off your documents. I told her that I had attached my documents on HC. From what I'm learning here the quicker you submit your documents the better the chance you have.
Got it! Keep us updated if you get an update! I will be checking my email constantly hoping there's some one bedrooms left.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 03:19 PM

I just got called to submit documents! I misspoke earlier, my log number was actually 36XX. Does anyone have an update on what is available?

Old 01-12-2022, 03:25 PM

116 posts, read 142,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew22 View Post
I just got called to submit documents! I misspoke earlier, my log number was actually 36XX. Does anyone have an update on what is available?
Awesome! I got a call today to view an apartment. I'm going for a one-bedroom so I guess it is safe to assume some one-bedrooms are still available. Turn in your documents QUICK!

Old 01-12-2022, 03:37 PM

Oh so glad you heard on next steps! Did they approve your income or is viewing the unit a step moving separate from it? Let me know what you end up seeing!

I actually have my annual review tomorrow morning that will give me my 2022 salary and hopefully put me in the bracket for the 1 bedroom so I am going to wait until I can get that in writing and then submit immediately. Hopefully doing it within 24 hours will help me!

Old 01-12-2022, 03:45 PM

I would say yes my income was approved by Reside New York as I was made eligible to view the apartment. I will definitely let you know what I end up seeing.

Have you calculated your income via the HC website? You can edit your household and within that option, you can insert your last 6 paystub amounts and it will calculate your annual salary. This is the exact formula Reside New York is going to use.

At first, I thought I was only eligible for a studio, but once I calculated my income via the HC tool I was way over my base salary because I'm an hourly executive and get a lot of overtime. I hope that makes sense.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny_G_70 View Post
I would say yes my income was approved by Reside New York as I was made eligible to view the apartment. I will definitely let you know what I end up seeing.

Have you calculated your income via the HC website? You can edit your household and within that option, you can insert your last 6 paystub amounts and it will calculate your annual salary. This is the exact formula Reside New York is going to use.

At first, I thought I was only eligible for a studio, but once I calculated my income via the HC tool I was way over my base salary because I'm an hourly executive and get a lot of overtime. I hope that makes sense.
You were right! I was able to get an update from my investments since this nicely tied up with year end and that put me eligible for both so I submitted my yesterday morning after emailing with Susan from Reside to confirm that should be enough to prove I'm eligible for both studio/1 bedroom. Hopefully there is some left......

Old 01-14-2022, 10:25 AM

8 posts, read 6,170 times
Hi All! On Wednesday I got notified that my log number (41XX) was reached and I immediately submitted all docs!! I am in a bit of a pickle because I was approved for another unit/bldg but I MUCH prefer the 2 Blue Slip building. That being said I have to give the other landlord an answer ASAP and I’m nervous to decline not knowing what units are still available and how long this process might take. Can anyone who’s gone through the process give a timeline from document submission > apt viewing > final approval? Also, do you get to go to the building and view what is available (per your eligibility) and then select the unit or do they just select one for you? I’m really confused on how the process works at 2 Blue Slip and just want some clarity before I give up the other building I was already approved for.

Also, I worry that by the time they reach us there might not even be any units left! But would that even happen or do they only reach out to people if they have enough units to go around. Like, are they taking back up applications?

If anyone could share some insight I would greatly appreciate it!!

Old 01-14-2022, 01:15 PM

Hi All!

I'm back from viewing a one-bedroom apartment and here's what I learned from Devin:

1. There's only about 5 or 6 one bedroom apartments left and all of them are "B" units which are very small, but some MAY come available if someone is rejected by HPD for some reason(s).
2. Once you select an apartment as of lately HPD has been taking about a week to approve
3. She showed me on G unit that was kinda available. She's waiting on the person to confirm if they want it or not. It does have river views, but it was TINY!
4. The two months free is still being offered
5. The amenities were alright, I did like the gym.
6. The pool and the pool area is small
7. I selected the unit I wanted on the spot and she emailed Reside New York right away regarding my interest

Good Luck everyone!

Old 01-14-2022, 02:01 PM

So glad you got to view and the report back! Incredible they are moving you quickly.

It is so helpful you were able to have an idea of how many units are left over, thank you so much! I looked on streeteasy and I am seeing a couple B floor plans.... not sure if this is a mistake with streeteasy but was the layout one of these two?
0B floor plan: https://s3.amazonaws.com/img.streete...eb9ec14212.jpg
B floor plan:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/img.streete...d4a6d08593.jpg

Old 01-14-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew22 View Post
So glad you got to view and the report back! Incredible they are moving you quickly.

It is so helpful you were able to have an idea of how many units are left over, thank you so much! I looked on streeteasy and I am seeing a couple B floor plans.... not sure if this is a mistake with streeteasy but was the layout one of these two?
0B floor plan: https://s3.amazonaws.com/img.streete...eb9ec14212.jpg
B floor plan:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/img.streete...d4a6d08593.jpg
Those are not the floor plans Devin gave me and that's not the one I saw. The one I saw the bedroom is 10 x 9.6 and living room is 12 x 12.5 and is a total of 600 sq ft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery