Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 11:07 AM

70 posts, read 93,266 times

Advertisements

How did u feel about the bedrooms? Where the closets a decent size?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 04:35 PM

178 posts, read 247,067 times
@acave123 I think the bedrooms are a good size, I was worried they would be too small but they aren't. I can easily fit a full/queen size bed and have night stands and a dresser across. The smaller rooms would fit Full size and a table as well. But there is a good amount of closets throughout the entire apartment which really helps with storage. I personally might opt out of a dresser and put everything in the bedroom closets (and I am definitely a dresser person lol). Not sure what other size apartments are like though. We got a 3 bedroom.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:16 AM

57 posts, read 62,096 times
@QueensMom02 Good Afternoon Do think they Get to General Population I Have Log 13XXX MY AMI is 100 for two bedrooms. Any Information is helpful Thank you for the thread! Congratulations to the Families on there new homes! I praying they reach me.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:30 AM

Hi Thanks for your well wishes @QueensGem; I look at it this way... only 50% of the building is CB preference. Therefore I think once they fill in those CB units they bring in GP people; if your 13xxx is lower than people that are CB but didn't make the cut for CB apartments, you have a chance. Also you are at 100% AMI, like myself, so I think that also works to our advantage... most people want to get the best deal possible and might fall under the 60% AMI bracket... with lots of 100% 2 bedrooms there is def still a chance you get called. I am interested in others thoughts! My log# is 6XXX and I really didn't think they would reach me, but they did... so there is always a chance! Good luck, i hope they reach you!!!

Old 02-20-2022, 04:07 PM

5 posts, read 4,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGem View Post
@QueensMom02 Good Afternoon Do think they Get to General Population I Have Log 13XXX MY AMI is 100 for two bedrooms. Any Information is helpful Thank you for the thread! Congratulations to the Families on there new homes! I praying they reach me.
same sis! my log is 17xxx im praying they still reach out to me

Old 02-20-2022, 07:31 PM

@MV609 Keeping you in thoughts and prayers that they call yall!!

Old 03-04-2022, 11:05 AM

16 posts, read 9,253 times
Hello @QueensMom02 Congratulations

Does your 3 bedroom unit have its on balcony?

I figured in the layout on the Housing Connect site, if the 2 bedroom has a private balcony it is only right that the 3 bedroom does as well.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:52 AM

@ Never Give Up, no, only the 2 bedrooms come with balcony access, the 3 bedrooms don't. I don't particularly mind since I would lose square footage on a balcony that I probably won't get much use out of. But it's a nice perk for the 2 bedrooms since they seem to have an odd layout based on the blueprints. I am very curious to know what those look like lol The building will have a terrace upstairs on the 9th floor so if I want some outdoor time I can probably go there

Old 03-05-2022, 11:56 AM

Also... i have a small update. I got a call from my agent asking if I wanted to be put on waiting list for parking lot. They have just started calling people (in log number order I believe) to generate a parking lot list. I am not sure how many spots the lot has but def hoping I get one cause parking by there isn't the greatest (not terrible) but really more meter spots then regular street parking.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:58 AM

16 posts, read 9,253 times
@QueensMom02 Okay, Thanks for responding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery